Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Output Power

Lee
Lee Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
While working 20 meters this am I noticed that I was not putting any power out of the my flex 6300 even though the Red transmit light was on. I was outputting 25 watts into my KPA 500 amp but Nothing was being pushed out. I have noticed that this problem is intermittent as it doesn't always happen. Lee

Answers

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Check in SmartSDR if your TX1 is still enabled?

I've had DDUTIL and other issues fiddle this unexpectedly.

I was searching all over for what was a single box checkmark missing.

Hope it something that easy!

Steve K9ZW

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

it happen  to me too....I just change profile to default and get back to what I was using....
    I guess profile file sometimes gets corrupted......
    thanks Windows

George
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Confusing question.  You first mention no output from your Flex, then you mention you have 25 watts drive from your Flex to your amp.  
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I think what he means .....he was working with 25 watts exciting KPA500.....but...sudden....although he keeps Flex driving 25 Watts to KPA500, it didn't excite any more.....I have experimented same issue

usually I just change profile to default and coming back to profile I was using...and problems solve....annoying ...but works
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It seems like many of us have run into this from time to time.  You think you are good to go but no amp power.  And eventually figure out that the TX line is not enabled for whatever reason.  Would it be worthwhile to show the TX line status on the main screen?   It would be immediately obvious.  

There are probably a number of places it could be added without losing any real estate.  Here are 2 mockups to illustrate.

If others agree I'll add it as and idea so folks can vote and comment.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW.................... V 1.6.21.77
    SSDR / DAX / CAT...... V 1.6.21.159
    Win10

The first one is probably better since it is related to the radio rather than the panadapter.

• KC7ES
    KC7ES Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I agree..this is an annoying problem, and occured on 40m last night with my 6300, also running 25-30 watts to a KPA 500 amp. Releasing the PTT on the FHM mic and re-keying resolved the issue, but it made for a slightly awkward qso. It's not a welcome "feature", especially while chasing DX.
    Tnx and 73,
    Eric
    KC7ES
  • Lee
    Lee Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Sorry, What I meant to say is my amp is looking for 25 watts. When I key the radio the transmit light comes on but I get 0 output from the radio.
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited February 2017
    I've also had the same issue on numerous occasions with my 6300...After engaging the RCA TX button it starts working again. Afterwards I'll save it in the transmit profile. Only to have it change unexpectedly.    I'm probably doing something wrong... 73  
    Happy Easter  Corey KC0YNS

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Anthony - thank you for clarifying your issue.  This behavior has been reported previously and is in our bug tracker.  Unfortunately, this is a random and intermittent issue with no clear event that causes the issue to happen, which makes it challenging to discover root cause which leads to a fix.  But that doe not mean we are not investigating it, we are and hopefully will have a fix for it in an upcoming release of SmartSDR.
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I have had the same problem, the first time i noticed was yesterday while working the special event. Unkey and rekey and it starts working again. apparently the latest version of smartsdr didnt fix the problem
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Sounds like a debounce issue.  I don't know how you are keying the radio, but you may want to look at the switch contacts.  Sometimes if the keying line cycles really quickly, it can cause the radio to hang like you described.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.