Oscilation on spectrum when 6700 is first turned on

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Not a Problem
This is a problem I reported about 2 months ago but I did not receive an offical responce at that time.
When I boot up the Radio ( 6700 GPSDO WIN 7 HP I7 laptop) I get the spectrum shown below.

This usualy last for apx 4 to 30 minutes and graduallychanges to the spectrum shown in the second screen shot below.

These "Humps" can last for minutes to hours before they disapate. Except for the first few minutes, in screen shot 1, the "Humps" don't seem to hurt anything operationally. But they are not right and they bother me ( I guess distract me would be a better description).
Usually during the day my RF noise floor goes so high that the spectrum just completly turns into a straight line and I can't hear any thing anyway. By the time my noise floor is back down(8 to 10 pm) the humps are very small.
I'm not concerned with the humps because they may be related to my antenna, A 7 band vertical (Cushcraft R7). But I really do want to find out about the oscilations.
Photo of Al

• 154 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8498 Posts
  • 3181 Reply Likes
Official Response
As described, this looks like external noise and not a problem with the radio, per se.