Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

OS X PPTP VPN settings with DogParkSD

Jay -- N0FB
Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a ASUS AC3200 VPN router running PPTP.   I have successfully connected SmartSDR remotely via PPTP on a Mac running WIn10 within Parallels.  On the same Mac, I have not found the secret elixer for connecting to DogParkSDR via PPTP Client built into OSX.

It starts to connect as DogParkSDR see's the UDP broadcast of my 6300 on the network, it just doen't connect from there.  No Panadapter activity, no audio stream.

If anyone has successfully connected their Mac Remotely via the OSX PPTP client, I would be very appreciative.  

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Jay,

I have not tried DP... I have a mac and regularly use bootcamp and VMWare fusion to run Win10 on it.  In fact on on it now using Win10 under bootcamp.

SSDR runs great natively in this environment or in vmware fusion.  I have a VPN using my Netgear router that I can connect to either using Win10 or using MacOS but I honestly have not tried to run DP from the Mac side.

I'll give it a shot next time I'm away and can do so.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Much appreciated Mark.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.