Orlando HamCation 2018 Meetup

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
I'm not a Flex owner yet but do have a 6400 on pre-order. I'll be at HamCation all days this year and would love to meet and talk with any of the Flex users that will be there from the forum. I'll definitely be hanging out at the Flex booth but would love to meet some other folks. Any other interest? Doesn't have to be anything formal but might be fun.
Photo of Scott Russell - N1SER

Scott Russell - N1SER

• 49 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1086 Posts
  • 220 Reply Likes
I am planning on attending. This will be the first time in about 5 years. I'm looking to attend the Flex dinner. That was a lot of fun.

Will definitely be stopping in the Flex booth but will most likely spend time helping W2IHY in his booth.

Dave wo2x
Photo of Scott Russell - N1SER

Scott Russell - N1SER

• 49 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Sounds good, I'll be around all the booths several times I'm sure so I'll look for you and say hello.

Scott N1SER
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2252 Posts
  • 874 Reply Likes
Dave, you were at Hamcation last year. You must have it mixed up with Hamvention. 
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1086 Posts
  • 220 Reply Likes
Yes, you are correct. I am NOT attending HamCation but I am attending HamVention.

Gotta learn to READ.... :-)

Dave wo2x
Photo of Burch - K4QXX

Burch - K4QXX

• 342 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
I plan on attending this year but probably won't be able to stay long.  I used to go to Orlando every year but probably haven't been in 8-10 years now.

Burch
K4QXX
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2252 Posts
  • 874 Reply Likes
I wanted to go to hamcation but personal commitments preclude that so I'll just go to Dayton and Friedrichshafen instead.

See you at either one. 
Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 588 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
I'll be there to place my order for one of the new radios. I have not made a decision which one I would buy.  I don't need another Flex-6700; which I am very fond and involved with it's operation and capabilities. 
I am in no hurry to get one, hopefully they will be available in the fall of this year. This purchase will be just a fun radio to compare the 6700 vs  the other new 6x00 series.
This is also my first attendance to Hamvention now that I reside in Northern Florida.
Ps. f you are attending  Hamvention in Orlando: if you like lobster "all you can eat" send me a note and I will send you their address. Oh by the way the price is less than $50. !!! YES,  I am just an eater there and I have no shares or money invested in this Company...
Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 588 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
By popular demand, I have been asked by several individuals in the forum to give the name of the "all you can eat lobster"
Here is their website: bostonlobsterfeast.com 
Print the coupon and save 5 dollars.