Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ordered 6700 - no word on delivery date

KF4HR
KF4HR Member ✭✭
I ordered a 6700 on Oct 16th and within a hour received an email receipt.  Great.  The receipt stated I would receive another email when the unit ships.  A week later and I'm still waiting for my shipping date email and have received no status updates.

This is my first order to Flex Radio so I'm uncertain what to expect, but after dropping over $7k it would be nice to be kept abreast of the delivery date, or if there is going to be a shipping delay.  Tried to call, no humans answer.  Perhaps Fridays are a bad day to call.
If there's going to be a shipping delay, even a substantial delay, I'm ok with that.  I'd just like to know.    

KF4HR

Answers

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Have you given the guys a call?

512-535-4713 and press 1 for sales.

They are super responsive!
    Stu K6TU
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Agreed.  I am not sure about the 6700 but I recently ordered a 6300.  Invoiced next day, shipped one day later and pretty much instant notification.  I'd give them a call!
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Even if they have to build it, it shouldn't take long. Manufacturing is right across the parking lot. (Barring parts supply issues, of course.) Another vote for calling them.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I, clearly, have no inside info on this but here is what I suspect. As any smart company does these days, they like run JIT manufacturing, small on hand inventory, Agile scheduling for orders beyond those handled from inventory. The production facility is like also doing Maestro production runs. I'd suspect you'll get the robo-email it shipped directly. Frankly I would see this as good news, no excess inventory, running a highly efecient operation. It speaks well for FRS. Walt - kz1f
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    The other thing you can do is watch your credit card online. When they charge for it it shipped. I am confident they want to sell it to you as much as you want to buy it.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Perhaps there has been run on 6700's for the weekend SSB contest.  :-)

Actually with SMT, one has to run a batch at a time as the SMT line takes hours to setup.  Every lost hour in setup is lost profit.  Assuming one has a backlog of items to build.

k3Tim
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the input folks.  Yes, I did try calling - actually multiple times, sales and every other office, but I kept getting an answering machine.  Left messages with sales, wrote emails asking about order status... no replies.... maybe it's a Friday thing?  Kinda ironic... I've been on the fence about ordering a Flex Radio for years now.  I finally pull the trigger and order one and get no order status response.  Oh well, perhaps sooner or later someone at Flex will take mercy on me and email me some good news. hi  Until then my ICOM 7800 is working fine. 

Butch - KF4HR
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Butch,

Sorry you have had a hard time getting someone on the phone today.  We have a couple of people out today who normally take sales calls.  The phone normally rolls over to shipping if they are not available.  I just spoke with Katie in shipping and she said your radio is next in the queue and is in incoming inspection.  She will give you a call in a few minutes to let you know the details and what to expect.

We have had a huge run on FLEX-6700s in the last few weeks so we have been pulling in from the factory at a much faster rate than normal.  This has slipped our normal lead time slightly from a couple days to around a week.  

I apologize for the delay.  Thanks for your order.

Gerald
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Update and good news.  I just received a call from Katey in the Flex shipping department.  My 6700 is currently undergoing its final check-out and should be shipping soon.

KF4HR  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.