Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Orange indicator LED

My fairly recent 6700 works well, but I recently noticed its indicator led glows dim orange when off but power is applied. I do not remember seeing this before. It does not have the GPS option, I am not using an XVTR, and cannot find much information on this in the documentation. Is the orange LED when off normal?

Answers

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    sounds like the remote on is selected in the radio information section of radio setup in SSDR.
  • Richard Mercer
    edited June 2016
    I do believe that was it-thanks. I received my Maestro earlier this week and I checked that function based on your tip. The remote start was enabled. Problem solved.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Another LED state to keep in mind is TXing with the XVTR port versus ANT1 or ANT2. When you TX through the PA unit to ANT1 or ANT2 the LED is bright RED. When you TX into the XVTR port bypassing the PA it is an orange-red LED.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    That's normal - the TCXO is on.
  • Richard Mercer
    edited June 2016
    I appreciate the replies but the first one, from N6WM, solved the issue. I never saw this orange (dim) indicator until I installed my Maestro last week. At some point I inadvertently enabled the 'remote on' feature in the Maestro menu. Disabling it removed the indication.The key was it only occurred when the 6700 was off, but power was applied. Remote on evidently puts the 6700 in standby mode when it is off.

Note that this is not covered in the 6700 documentation, that I could find.

Again, thank you for the help.

Rich W9YAC

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Richard 

Found it.
    With the v.1.7.30 release

FLEX-6000 HARDWARE REFERENCE MANUAL
    Sections 6.6.1 6.6.2, page 20 of 48
    Explains the meanings of the LED colors.

and

SMARTSDR SOFTWARE USER MANUAL
    Section 30.4, page 136 of 181.
    Explains the Remote On button on the Radio Setup / Radio Tab

I believe you couldn't find it.
    The Manuals are live documents, things move around from release to release.

Those LED color Indications are likely software defined, as they have changed at least once since I got my 6500.

There are several listings of the color meanings, if you Search "LED Colors" with the Community Search function. 

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/what_are_the_fex_6000_front_panel_led_indications

I almost quoted sections and pages from the v.1.4 release until I remembered to look at the current release.

73, Jay - NO5J image

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.