Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Option to load a Global Profile on SmartSDR start.

Dick B
Dick B Member ✭✭
edited June 2017 in New Ideas
Active Slice is not handled by Persistence per Tim "This is the way the radio works." in response to my Ticket below.  For that and lots of other reasons I think the best solution to provide an option to load a specific Global Profile when SmartSDR starts.  

Ticket #18262
When using 2 slices at the same time the Active Slice is NOT remembered across Exit/Start. My Global Profile has Slice A Active and TX on 20M and Slice B on 17M. When I Exit and then start SmartSDR it comes up with Slice A NOT Active and TX on 20M with Slice B Active and NOT TX on 17M - this isn't very helpful and I always have to load my Global Profile manually to get things back to Normal.

I suggest either 1) adding Active Slice to persistence or 2) providing an option for specifying a Global Profile to be loaded at Start. I definitely prefer #2.

BTW. I have verified this with FRStack and all other auxiliary software NOT running.

Response:
This is the way the radio works.  Persistence takes precedence over profiles.  Global profiles do not auto load when the radio is started.

Comments

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    That's true - that's the way it is. I think the problem is one of those things that some people want, and others don't. Regardless, it's not terribly difficult to do the two mouse clicks to load the global profile. 

You should probably post it as an idea, not a problem ticket. Problem tickets are for fixing equipment and software problems when it doesn't act as designed.  Ideas are for feature requests.
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Yes, I did Post the option on start as an Idea but I reported the problem as a bug because Persistence should be handling Active Slice just like it handles other Slice properties.  But for now "that's the way it works".  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.