Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Opposite Sideband Suppression

Tim K8XS
Tim K8XS Member
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I was just now operating LSB on 40 meters and got several reports of poor USB supression. Stations capable of accurately measuring my signal in dBm (other FLEX owners) reported that my USB was only 18 dB down from my LSB. I know there have been similar reports in the past; however, this time the supression was actually measured,

Comments

• Tim K8XS
    Tim K8XS Member
    edited August 2013
    I am using a 6700. I think it was reported in the past to only be in the 6500.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    We have seen this occur more often in the FLEX-6500, but have seen it in the FLEX-6700 as well. We have fixed this issue in the latest internal version and the fix will be included with the next release.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Eric, you must have done something with V0.13.10 because I don't see it in my 6500 any more and with V0.12.17 every time I turned on my radio the unwanted sideband would only be 20dB down.... Works good now though....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.