Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Operating SO2V with Flex 6300

Bill Axelrod
Bill Axelrod Member ✭✭
I have been unsuccessful in setting up my Flex 6300 to operate SO2V (Single Operator, 2 VFO) with N1MM Logger+.

My 6300 is set up and runs SO1V flawlessly with N1MM Logger Plus+.  I wanted to get to SO2V until the SO2R companion piece is developed and available.

So...   I set up a port for OTRSP, set the N1MM Logger+ for SO2V, opened a second slice on my Flex 6300 and got it all going.  Unfortunately, I am missing something somewhere.

N1MM opens the two entry windows.  The Slice A entry window recognizes the radio and acts normally.  The Slice B does not.  It acts as if I were operating Split.  It does not show or support Slice B except as a Split Frequency operation.

I am running SmartSDR V 1.5.1 on a Windows 7 machine.

Thank you....   Bill K3WA

Comments

• DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Hi Bill, I just finished setting set up my 6300 for SO2V in WAG contest today. If it helps, we can do a Teamviewer-Session next days to set up yours too. Just drop me a note. SO2V on 6300 means Run on Slice A and S&P on Slice B. If that is what you need, I think I can help you. VY73 Thomas DK1EY
  • Hunter - K3IE
    Hunter - K3IE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Thomas- I also would be interested in seeing your SO2V setup for N1MM+. I am considering trying SO2V for next weekend's CQWW Phone contest. Perhaps sharing several of your setup windows would suffice? Thank you - Hunter K3IE
  • Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    And I join the chorus . . .
    I have a 6700 and would be thrilled to see how Thomas et al. set up for SO2V in N1MM+.
    Mike N1MD
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Doc you should be able to do even one better. With your 6700 and v1.5 you should already be SO2R capable. N1MM+ has both a so2v and an so2r option in the main config tab. By selecting so2v, you will limit some of the capabilities that are available to you via n1mm+ and so2r. The n1mm+ literature points out those differences.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    One of the things that I have learned using the so2v feature of n1mm+ and my 6300 is that the flex control (or even the maestro) is not essential but very beneficial. It allows the tuning of the multiplier band while simultaneously maintaining window focus on n1mm+ .  One can still tune the multiplier band w/ the mouse, but focus will come off n1mm+ when doing so.

There is the focus feature w/in SSDR that automatically returns focus to n1mm+ but it is not currently working w/o some additional setting changes if I understand correctly. Being lazy, I like the flex control option better for now.
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Gentlemen,

In the next days I will post some screenshots and a first overview regarding N1MM+ & 6300 SO2V.

At 15.00 UTC I finished the WAG-Contest and need some sleep. This was my first time SO2V and the result was satisfying for a contest-newbie like me.

I hope for your patience and will post it in the next days in the same form as my other N1MM+/Flex-How-Tos.

VY73
    Thomas
    DK1EY
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Just finished the HOW-TO:

HOW-TO: Set up and use Flex 6300 SO2V in N1MM+

In case of any questions or suggested improvements in the description, please do not hesitate to contact me.

VY73
    Thomas
    DK1EY
  • EMIL-DL8JJ
    EMIL-DL8JJ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015

Bill,

please in the Config > Sub Receiver Always On option in the main Entry Window to ensure that both receivers will be on. have fun, Emil, de DL8JJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.