Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Operating RTTY Split with DM780

Dick B
Dick B Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Can someone point me to a description of doing split RTTY using SmartSDR and DM780 when the split is wider than DM780's bandwidth?  A search yields over 5000 results and reading the first dozen or so gets way off topic.  

I'm accustomed to doing SSB split using two slices and panning Left/Right audio in SmartSDR, but in DM780 how can I "see" the receive and transmit frequencies when they are wider than DM780's bandwidth?  

Tnx,

Answers

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    The ":split" would need to be greater than the DM780 waterfall bandwidth for this situation to occur.  If that is the case, you can utilize TWO instances of DM780 one for the RX waterfall and the other for the DX station's TX frequency. 
    Andy K3UK
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    OK, thanks Andy.  I was not aware you could start two instances of DM780 ... I've tried before and nothing happened.  This time one click on the DM780 icon in Logbook did nothing so I clicked on my Shortcut for it and got a dialog asking if I wanted to start another instance - so it does work.  

I've got it from here.

Tnx,
    KF5SA

• Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Had know idea this could be done. I had tried this several times **** and Andy thanks. Ian
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    It has been MANY years since I worked on the original DM780 test team but I think the ability to run more than once instance came along after a Windows new release , maybe when XP first came out.
    Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.