Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Opening a Ticket

Options
Ralph Fedor
Ralph Fedor Member ✭✭
OK --- I don't frequent the reflector very much so excuse my ignorance.  I just got my 6700 and Masetro back from the service department at Flex.  I think the 6700 is fixed, but the Maestro was returned with a new problem.  During start-up, it dead ends with "Waiting on Hardware Initialization (Y., K, YTS)."  It's been suggested I open the Maestro and look for a loose connection that the service department failed to connect.  Before doing that I'd like to open a ticket and get an official opinion.  BUT, I can no longer find the route to opening a ticket on the support menu.  How do I do this ---  I did it before, but can't find my way around now.  Can someone direct me?

Answers

• kd5foy
    kd5foy Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Ralph,

It does sound like the cable going to the audio board may have become disconnected.  More likely it happened in shipping than just not connecting it in service as we are careful to test everything functionally before sending radios or Maestros to shipping.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options

I see this same thing occasionally. What I have found is to put a freshly charged battery in then it will go through its normal boot routine. 
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yes, I've seen this when the battery low. Install a newly charged battery and plug Maestro in to power.
  • Ralph Fedor
    Ralph Fedor Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    This is not a power issue.  No battery; plugged into 120VAC with 12.3 VDC going to the Maestro.  The consensus is a loose connector going to the audio board, but the unit has to go back to Flex again.  Thanks, everyone, for the comments and suggestions.  -- Ralph - K0IR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.