Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Only the lower half of the VFO freq numbers showing

Bob W8RMV
Bob W8RMV Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
When using the 6400M in PC mode using v2.1.32, the flag & the panel showing the VFO frequency, only shows the lower half of the numbers.  I checked here to find a missing font as a solution,  I verified that the computer I am using does have the SF font.  But I d/l'd it anyway & installed the Font anyway.  But no joy.  Any other suggestions?   73 Bob

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Try changing to a higher resolution on your video card.
  • David Orman
    David Orman Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have the same problem on my laptop. I have a higher resolution machine and display scaling is on, so my guess is the application isn't handling this well. Turning it off isn't an option as it makes text unreadably small.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    If you are using a large monitor, Windows (8 and greater) will do automatic DPI scaling that can affect the display in this manner.  Just manually adjust the DPI setting for your monitor.
  • Bob W8RMV
    Bob W8RMV Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Monitor is running 1920x1200 (which, ironically, is the native output of the HDMI port on the 6400M and the Monitor) while connecting thru the LAN.  Also running a fully updated W10 64bit computer wireless.  Don't think it is a monitor resolution issue.  If 1920x1200 is bad for v2.1.32, then why would Flex output at that resolution?   Thanx - Bob
  • David Orman
    David Orman Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This is configured manually to 150% on my display (minimum text is still readable), and this problem still persists.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    It isn't a resolution issue, it is a DPI scaling issue.
  • Bob W8RMV
    Bob W8RMV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    OK, I looked at my Radeon RX480 settings & there is only one GPU Scaling adjustment I could find & I tried it both ways & it had no effect.  I tried several Windows text scaling options & that had no effect either.  I do not see any option for DPI scaling in Windows or Radeon. Open to options.  Thanx Bob W8RMV
  • Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Have a look at your fonts folder, do you have Napoli font?  I had the same problem on my Dell Win10 laptop.  This Napoli download solved it:
    https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/napoliserial-xlight-regular-zip/
    Also look at your system settings, screen resolution should be at 100%.
    Also look at this: 
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/partial-frequency-readout?topic-reply-list%5Bsettin...
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Bob..  If I remember correctly some Windows programs were missing a certain Font DLL that  fixed this particular issue.  try searching the Community for DPI scaling issues or maybe someone with a better memory will chime in on this.

GL,
    Larry  k1UO
  • Bob W8RMV
    Bob W8RMV Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The font did it!!!  I tried another that I found searching this site & that didn't. Thanx Bill!!

73 Bob
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    Sorry I missed the font issue.  It would have been more evident if I could have seen the entire slice display.  Glad you got it working.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.