Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

One Week with FLEX 6400

Options
admaxer
admaxer Member
Well its now 10 days old and still learning cool things this radio can do. I upgraded to Flex 6400 from an Icom 7300 which I enjoyed. I had watched about ever youtube video posted on flex radio since I spend a lot of time on the computer I felt this was a good match. I had no idea it was this good. This really is a major change in operations with one of the best functions being able to reduce, remove, manage the band noise. I have slowly learned how to reduce the settings so that I hear almost no static noise and still have clean crisp audio. I love to park myself on OMISS nets and see what the band is doing. My first night on the net with Flex was a bit crazy as everyone was telling me I sounded the best I have ever sounded and my audio was a complete joy to hear. This was the same experience for several days this last week. 
When I made my first contact using the iphone app while waiting on my wife who was shopping I was blown away. How is this possible. Works very well with fantastic reports. Excited to see what the following weeks will bring with endless enjoyment of this new radio. Below is a few pictures of my setup. Thank You Flex Team for making a wonderful product.
Steve
N6OIX

Comments

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Tnanks for the smile on my face! The guys and the radios are incredible!
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    After 8 mo with my 6400M i wish I could feel as positive as you do. Good luck.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Congratulations Steve and nice set up!. Just like you, I'm using Flex for the first time (3 weeks on my case) coming from an 7300. I'm still learning a lot of thing each day and when you think the system is awesome you find there's something more. Enjoy it and enjoy your nice set up!. 
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Looks like you jumped in with both feet. Nice setup.
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Not sure if you are into Phone, but don't ignore the AGC over the volume control. You will be surprised how low the AGC can be dialed back (0-10) to minimize noise.
    What logging software is that?
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Same experience here: I’ve had my Flex 6400 for a little over a month and it’s amazing.
  • admaxer
    admaxer Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Dwayne, 
    Thank you for the reply. Yes I have this experience and thank you for sharing it. It is kinda funny, on one of my WAS nets on 40M, people poke me joking around to wake me up as using flex I have no noise to keep me awake while waiting for my tune. But this is a great feature of this radio. 

N3FJP Logger is one of several I use.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.