Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

One Global Drop-Down List that Remembers ALL Settings

Phil - N6ERP
Phil - N6ERP Member
edited July 2019 in New Ideas
While having 3 separate drop-down lists may seem to give a lot of flexibility, for me, I would like to keep it simple & sweet and have just one drop-down list that remembers Everything - ALL SETTINGS. If I Change mics, I can just save another Global setup with all previous settings, but w/ updated settings for the new mic and label the setup accordingly. The key would be having enough Characters in the description to define the setup. Also provide a way to manually sort the items in the order we would see them in the drop-down list (for most commonly used setups first. Etc.) Can keep the existing 3 drop-down lists If felt necessary (Which I think just makes more work, but many will disagree I'm sure), but pls give us just ONE that will remember everything. - Thanks for the consideration, Phil N6ERP

Comments

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I'm trying to imagine how that would be simple!
  • Phil - N6ERP
    Phil - N6ERP Member
    edited October 2016
    Label your setup and save it.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You can start your Profile labels with 01, 02, 03, etc, that will make those the top ones in the list. Same with Microphone profiles.

When you create a GLOBAL PROFILE it creates a MIC profile as well as a Transmit Profile.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Global profiles can contain nested mic/transmit profiles. That way, you can have a global profile that contains your preferred mic settings on multiple bands without rebuilding the mic settings each time.

• Phil - N6ERP
    Phil - N6ERP Member
    edited October 2016
    Yes, familiar with that. Ty.
  • Phil - N6ERP
    Phil - N6ERP Member
    edited October 2016
    Yes have been doing that  (With all 3 lists).. Ty.
  • Phil - N6ERP
    Phil - N6ERP Member
    edited October 2016
    It just seems like managing three lists makes for redundant work, when one list that handles all settings would accomplish the same result.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.