Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

One band problem

Options
KC0EM
KC0EM Member ✭✭

Hi,

I was reading the mail on 40 m this morning when the display stopped, and it informed me it did not have a connection to my 6300. I first tried restarted my computer, but when I tried to open SDR, it said something like it was busy. I restarted the 6300 and when I reconnected, it came up on 160 m. The 6300 seems to be working on all other bands, but it crashes as soon as I switch to 40 m. When I restart the 6300, it always goes back to 160 m. Any idea how just one band can act this way? Since I have no 40 m antenna, it is not much of a loss and was the reason I was just reading the mail.

Answers

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Save any previously generated profiles by exporting to a folder you can remember , Shut down the radio and perform the internal database reset by holding the power button until the power light changes to a new color , when the radio comes up, try 40 meters again . If all works ok, then Import your previously saved profile without "Preferences " being checked (Preferences). This should get you back into operation. Dudley
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

Should one hold the power button continuously during the shut down period, or turn off the radio first,  and then hold down the power button until the light changes color?

• KC0EM
    KC0EM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

Dudley,

Thanks for the fix. It is working again. I guess I will have to put up a 40 m antenna. Hi Hi

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.