Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

On screen keyboard is horrible

Beric Dunn
Beric Dunn Member
edited May 2020 in Maestro
Flex-6400 Software 3.1.8
Just got the Maestro, and tried to enter my wifi password. Very difficult entering the password without phantom key clicks. For instance, press "e" and "ez" is entered. Seems like a bad screen? But running the radio, the touch screen works as it should.
Eventually managed to get it to take my password, but not looking forward to having to do it again.

Comments

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Yes, Beric, it is a bit of a pain. I had the same problem when I first received my Maestro back in 2016. The good news is that I have never had to enter the password since then.

As I understand it, the reason it occurs is because the password has to be entered during the boot up of the imbedded Dell Tablet, which is beyond Flex’s control.

My only suggestion, in case you do ever need to enter it again, is to use an inexpensive ($5) iPad touch pen.

• Beric Dunn
    Beric Dunn Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi Winston,

Thanks for the reply. 

It is frustrating as this is one of the first impressions with this device, and out of the box it does not seem like the experience you would expect from a device that costs more than an HF rig.

Also, not sure if this is just the boot up for the Dell, because I get similar behavior when I am trying to change my call-sign.

I'll have to try getting a touch pen and see if that helps.

-Beric

• John Orjias
    John Orjias Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    i have an issue with the keyboard never loading right 50% of the time, it just closes it as fast as it opens it, did the touch pen help?
  • John Orjias
    John Orjias Member ✭✭

Swipe in the text box, instead of press, it will load the keyboard every time with a swipe. the issue is it gets confused on what kind of keyboard to load, number or text, the swipe will always force the text keyboard to load then you have to switch to the number keyboard if you want to put in numbers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.