Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

On my 6700 I cannot get the GPSDO to work.

Jerry Dixon
Jerry Dixon Member ✭✭
On my 6700 I cannot get the GPSDO to work.The factory just installed the optional GPSDO.I tried the supplied antenna, waited an hour, no luck. I tried a Tram Model 1655 no luck. My Sat look angle outside looks good.I looked for + 3 DC volts on the antenna line and their was none. I tried rebooting the software & hardware several times no luck. I tried clicking the GPS software Install and uninstall several times as suggested and rebooting... no luck. I checked the Internal GPS antenna and 10 MHz cables and they don't show shorted and do show continuity. I opened the GPSDO cover and I do see +3Volts on a couple test points on the GPSDO board?? Other than that the radio works fine. I am on version 1.6.17.156 Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jerry Dixon KC0KW.

Comments

• RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Jerry, it sounds like it is helpdesk ticket time. Submit at http://helpdesk.flexradio.com

You probably won't get an answer until Monday. 

73 Roy - W5TKZ
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    If it is still under warranty, you probably shouldn't be opening it up.
    This may sound like an obvious question but do you have the antenna in a south facing window with a unobstructed or near unobstructed view of the southern sky?
    beyond that, yep, open a ticket.
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I had this problem when I received my 6700 back after an update. Getna helpdesk ticket and get permission to open the case and reseat the GPS board. Reseating the board solved my problem.
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I had this problem when I received my 6700 back after an update. Getna helpdesk ticket and get permission to open the case and reseat the GPS board. Reseating the board solved my problem.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Jerry - there should be +5 VDC on the center pin of the SMA GPS antenna connector.  Since there isn't, this appears to be a hardware issue.  I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  A tech support engineer will be in touch on Monday when the office opens.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    GPS is active?

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi Jerry , of course GPS should be Active like in the post above, and try

1. Uninstall and again Install button

2. Ones I physically deinstalled and installed again GPS module with clean up contacts on PCB and GPS module - GPS module was not properly mounted, BTW check coaxial connectors to be fully plugged.

on my side GPS folder looks like:
    and use this antenna due local specific

• N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I had the same problem on my 6700 and found that the GPS module was not reinstalled properly when it was returned from Flex after the Factory PEN upgrade. The GPS Module mounting position seems to be very sensitive on my radio, it required several tries to get it seated right. It would work then not work but after 4 tries it finally continued to run. 73 Al N4AB
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    This appears to be a hardware issue that is being resolved via the HelpDesk.
  • Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have a quality GPS antenna made by Trimble Navigation. If I replace the original GPS antenna provided with with the GPSDO, can I expect any improvement with frequency stability or accuracy? Is it worth doing?

Tom, SP7WT
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2017
    If the GPSDO is a locked state, then the frequency accuracy and stability are within spec for the GPSDO.  If one antenna sees more satellites and can lock on more than the other, it will slightly improve short-term accuracy and provide a faster lock.  Once the GPSDO is locked and the GPS has had sufficient time to discipline the XO to 10 MHz, as noted the stability will be within spec ( 5 x 10 (-12) over 24 hours).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.