On my 6700 I cannot get the GPSDO to work.

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • In Progress
On my 6700 I cannot get the GPSDO to work.The factory just installed the optional GPSDO.I tried the supplied antenna, waited an hour, no luck. I tried a Tram Model 1655 no luck. My Sat look angle outside looks good.I looked for + 3 DC volts on the antenna line and their was none. I tried rebooting the software & hardware several times no luck. I tried clicking the GPS software Install and uninstall several times as suggested and rebooting... no luck. I checked the Internal GPS antenna and 10 MHz cables and they don't show shorted and do show continuity. I opened the GPSDO cover and I do see +3Volts on a couple test points on the GPSDO board?? Other than that the radio works fine. I am on version 1.6.17.156 Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jerry Dixon KC0KW.
Photo of Jerry Dixon

Jerry Dixon

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9153 Posts
  • 3497 Reply Likes
Official Response
Jerry - there should be +5 VDC on the center pin of the SMA GPS antenna connector.  Since there isn't, this appears to be a hardware issue.  I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  A tech support engineer will be in touch on Monday when the office opens.