Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

on 80 M band im receiving shortwave signal in all band and the noies livel is over s9 + ?

9k2od
9k2od Member

On 80M band im receiving shortwave signal in all band and the noies livel is over s9 + ?

and also if i change band to 40 meter or 20M Or 18M the radio will still receive the shortwave signal until i tune it then will despir and back to normal ...!!

Comments

• Gary
    Gary Member
    edited April 2017

Hello Osama.... we talked on 40 a few days ago ... I had read yesterday where someone had said that they had lots of BC stations interfering .... and the explanation was that if the panadapter is wider than the band where one end or the other is outside of the band - then the receiver is opened up to the WIDE mode... this guy was on 160 and had the bottom of the panadapter set to 1.790 ... if he moved the edge of the pan up slightly all was fine ... note this is the panadapter and not the slice... is it possible this is what you were experiencing on the low bands?

Gary

K9RX

• 9k2od
    9k2od Member
    edited September 2016

hi gary

im trying to figerout how to do it ...its still receiving BC station's........!

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

If these stations do not disappear when the "WIDE" flag is gone, then look for a  corroded connection in the neighbourhood that is mixing these signals.  Do you have anything you can direction find?

If they go when "WIDE" is gone (panadaptor within the 80M band) then filtering out the BC band is the option.

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Try setting the preamp to no gain
  • 9k2od
    9k2od Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks guys to all of you... and spichal thanks to 9k2wa ... problem solved...
  • Gary
    Gary Member
    edited April 2017

I saw 9K2WA spotted you on 75 last night so I figured it was solved - what was it? !

Still mostly using the FTdx5000 here ... it will be a while before I fully transition to the 6700. The antenna project has to get done first.

have a great week Osama.

Gary

K9RX

• 9k2od
    9k2od Member
    edited September 2016

hi gary

you and 9k2wa solve the problome .... like what you said just zoom in .....  the band in pandapters untel BC stations moved awy..

9k2od, osama

• Gary
    Gary Member
    edited April 2017
    Super! Glad it hear it was relatively simple. Hopefully my antenna project will be done in a month or so - see you on 75!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.