Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

On 6400-M noise at start or stop " a pop" into speakers

jean claude
jean claude Member ✭✭
On 6400-M   noise  at start or stop " a pop" into speakers
Is that normal ?
Tks
f6eju

Answers

• bobby
    bobby Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Very Irritating ... but that is the nature of the beast. Yes it does seem abby normal, but it occurs on every one 6400, 6400M, 6600, and 6600M all the time, so I guess its regular behavior. This probably could have been eliminated with an LC network at the end of the audio circuit, but there would be a fee for that and the units were value engineered.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    VE'ed? Wow! Cheap shot Bobby.. Nature of the beast yes, VE'd hardly.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I brought this up 4 years ago.....same thing on my 6700. Gerald said it is normal. You can read about it here: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/audio-pop-when-starting-up-and-shutting-down-the-radio?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all Regards, Al / NN4ZZ P.S. I still think it’s like a squeaky car door on a Rolls Royce......but got used to it.
  • jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    From F6eju   jean claude
    Thanks for all the replies.
    If not a source of issue to the BF amplifier so all is well.
    Best 73 to you all
    Jean Claude F6eju

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I don't know if the pop has anything to do with value engineering, but there is no doubt there is some VE going on with the rigs. The rigs are compromised in several ways to keep the cost down. The implementation of "existing" Maestro bolted to the front of radio is just one example.

I am not complaining as they did drop the price of the radios and improved the performance. 

I guess my point is there is no secret Flex took value into serious consideration.

Love my 6600!

• bobby
    bobby Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Sorry Clay, Im not politically correct, I call them as they are, Im from the days when a Coke was a Coke, didn't mean to offend.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The 6500 has a pop at start up as well if my speakers are turned way up, and there was nothing spared in that radio.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi Paul, Agree and while retrofitting the 6300, 6500 and 6700 with a relay or other hardware is not likely at this point there is definitely a solution possible. Guessing the pops were not considered enough of an issue to incorporate a solution in the new models. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.