OmniRig v2.0 and FLEX Radios

• Idea
  • Updated 6 days ago
I’m pleased to offer you my new ominiRig v2.0 development with the following new features:
- Supports now up to four RIGs
- You can name the tabs of your RIGs with your own text
- The minimum polling interval is now 20ms instead of 100ms
- The GUI of the main Window is bigger to see all your four RIG-Tabs

Development
OmniRig v2.0 update is for free - developed by Stephan Andratsch, sponsored by HB9RYZ
Thanks to Alex Shovkoplyas (VE3NEA), who developed the first OminRig Version www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig

More information and download of Omnirig v2.0 under:
http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig/index.html

Works perfect with my new FEX 6600M, Log4OM, CW-Skimmer, SDR Radio Console v3, HDSR, ICOM IC-7700, etc. at the same time :-)
Wolfgang, HB9RYZ
Photo of Wolfgang Sidler

Wolfgang Sidler

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1199 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes
Does OmniRig 2.0 support RTTY mode? Does it report Flex RTTY mode as RTTY?
That was a shortcoming with old OmniRig.

Dave wo2x
Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 398 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
For those that don't like reading instructions, just overwrite the old omnirig.exe in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\omnirig\  with the new omnirig.exe.
Photo of Andre NJ0F

Andre NJ0F

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Larry, do you have a copy of the zip file?
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 116 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
I did exactly that and now correctly identifies as v 2.0.  However Rig Type is blank, so presumably it needs to have the new rig.ini file.  I'm not sure if I have to manually install this and I can't locate the one from the earlier version (1.6?) of Omnirig.  If so, where?  I looked for the above file location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\omnirig) but that doesn't exist on my PC.  I'm sure I'm overlooking something extremely obvious...

Jeff - G4IUA
Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 398 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
When I did this it recognized the rig files already installed in the old omnirig install.
Photo of Andre NJ0F

Andre NJ0F

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jeff,
Would you mind sharing a copy of the zip file? We cannot download it from the site anymore for some reason. I did email the author but no response. Best 73 Andre NJ0F
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 116 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
I uninstalled the old version and I think I was given the option of removing everything, presumably including the old rig.ini file.  Wouldn't the new installation include the new ones?  I did a search and found the new .ini file (today's date) in  C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Afreet\Products\OmniRig
Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 389 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
you need to reinstall the old version and then just overwrite the old with the new omnirig.exe file and thats it.
Photo of Johan / SE3X

Johan / SE3X

• 86 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Just out of curiosity, why do you use OmniRig? I have an old contest logger I use for domestic contest only, have to use OmniRig with it to have QRG from Flex to logger. But for HRD, N1MM, HRD780 etc I use the Flex CAT program and everything with comports works a treat. What am I missing? It has to be something? I'm pretty new to the Flex World and eager to learn.
(Edited)
Photo of David Salomon

David Salomon

• 108 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Wolfgang -

First, thanks for this update.  It's great to be able to use more than 2 rig definitions with Omni-Rig.

FYI, when developing with the Omni-Rig OCX (in my case, in VBA), the rig names appear to be hard coded into the OCX.  For example, If you change the name from RIG1 to FlexA in Omni-Rig V2, the VBA code will no longer find it.  Change it back to RIG1 and it works fine.  This is not a shortcoming of your code.  I guess Omni-Rig was not developed to use names other than RIG1 and RIG2.

A question (for anyone) - has anyone modified the SmartSDR.ini using SendCustomCommand to include reading the s-meter?  I want to be able to do this in my software, but have no experience with the Flex API, so I'm not sure what command to send and what response to expect.

73 - David, AG4F
Photo of Andre NJ0F

Andre NJ0F

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I could not download a copy of V2 on the link above. I am looking for a copy of the zip file. If someone downloaded it, I would very much appreciate a copy email to me. My Email is good on qrz.com
Andre
NJ0F.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1037 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
I have same issue. The site is hosed up :)
Photo of Andre NJ0F

Andre NJ0F

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did send the author and Email but so far no results. I will share if someone does come up with a copy. I am sure many downloaded it.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1037 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
Thats the same link we cant get to work.
Photo of Andre NJ0F

Andre NJ0F

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just downloaded this but it is ver 1.18 not Ver 2.....
NJ0F
(Edited)
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF

HCampbell WB4IVF

• 192 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes

Scroll further down the page for the v2 .exe file.

You can also download a zip file with both the v2 .exe and  the .ini files here:

http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig

Howard