Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

old SmartSDR uninstall msg missing

Bill - K7UOP
Bill - K7UOP Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows

Getting ready for Windows 10 and uninstalling all versions of SmartSDR and it's components. I have 3 old versions that will NOT uninstall. I get an Error message saying, "...uninst000.msg is missing."

Can I just delete the folders/files under Program Files, or do I need to correct the problem and use the Control Panel Programs and Features to uninstall?  To correct the problem, where / how would I generate a uninst000.msg file?

If I just delete the folders/files, the entries will still be in the Programs and Features Control Panel.

How best to handle this?

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Bill,
      This may seem a step backwards...
      First of all.. Reboot the PC and try the uninstall again... If still no joy...
      Try reinstalling the old version that produced the missing message, Reboot the PC and then try the uninstall.

AL, K0VM
  • Bill - K7UOP
    Bill - K7UOP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016

Makes sense Al.  Unfortunately the installers are not available for the versions in question (v1.1.3, v1.1.0, and Beta_v1.0.24).   :(

Guess I'm a hoarder of old programs. :)

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    The method I use is a bit more complex but it's foolproof.  I use a utility called CCleaner, the free version.  First, delete the program folders.  Then run the registry cleaner in CCleaner.  It will remove all references to the programs that you deleted.  You may have to run the registry cleaner more than once because of interdependencies.  It will show you the entries that are being deleted.

Once everything is gone, install a new, clean copy of SmartSDR.

I have used CCleaner with every version of WIndows that I have had over the past several years and never had a problem with it.  It also cleans the Internet cache and a few other things.  There are other registry cleaners out there that I can't vouch for.
  • Bill - K7UOP
    Bill - K7UOP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Followed your suggestion. The free CCleaner did the trick. Thanks Steve!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.