offline profile editing

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Is there currently or will there in the future be any way to do offline or batch profile editing? What i mean is a table somewhere where i can check whatever boxes and set what i want instead of having to do it all on the screen live.

I would find it easier to set them all and then be able to load them in.
Photo of Steve (N9SKM)

Steve (N9SKM)

• 198 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Randy Diddel

Randy Diddel

• 43 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I am guessing it is all in an xml file somewhere.  If so, it would be easy enough to edit if it could be accessed.  I would like to know if this were possible too.
Photo of Steve (N9SKM)

Steve (N9SKM)

• 198 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Any official word on this?
Photo of pa0bie

pa0bie

• 152 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
As far as I understand are the profile info stored in the FLEX itself. After a factory reset the info is lost. So I do not expect that there is a XML like file on the PC.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3541 Reply Likes
Official Response
Currently? No.

A possibility for a future feature enhancement?  Yes.  It is in our feature enhancement database.
Photo of Steve (N9SKM)

Steve (N9SKM)

• 198 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Cool I think it would be a great feature to have. Thank you for the reply
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4189 Posts
  • 1334 Reply Likes
Yes, that would be nice.
It would be handy, for those who can do this stuff, to be able to visualize a complete profile on a screen and quickly edit multiple parameters.

One could also share different profiles with others, or easily make global changes to a group of profiles using "copy and paste."

It could also be fraught with danger if there is not adequate error checking in the upload/download routines to make sure we don't brick our radios with a few bits of bad editing.

Ken - NM9P
Photo of Steve (N9SKM)

Steve (N9SKM)

• 198 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Its one of the things i really like about my KX3. The ability to store all the memory channels and their associated settings and do batch edits. It allows me to easily load different groups up without having to touch every knob on the radio to set then save it.
Still looking for those knobs on my flex hihi I preordered the maestro when i got my 6300 back in July and am getting excited because they are getting close. Itll go even better with the 6500 i just traded up to.