Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Official activity on community today

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
All the important people at flex are not commenting on the board today because they are busy doing QA on the M models as priority assignments! If I was Gerald absorbing all this lost profit due to ship backs and replacements there would be h*** to pay by the CM and those who were assigned the QA tasks before shipment! And now you know the rest of the story

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Out of the hundreds that have shipped, the numbers we see on the community would be fairly small. I am sure they would love to see 0 come back, but that is not in reason. What I have noticed is the speed that Flex has been dealing with peoples problems lately,,the community has calmed down lots over the last day or so.
    as you know Tim has been away and Mike has been taking over. Mike is very busy with other jobs and can not post as often as we are used to seeing Tim.
  • Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    My 6600M is working fine. They are not all bad. It is like most forums, you hear from people having problems. The rest of us are enjoying our radios.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    And thats because Gerald is taking care of it as a priority in the background just as any great CEO would do .. you know its happening .. but its always behind the publics eye who sees only the great response and results for the customer ... its all part of the customer experience
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes, as a company should operate. Trust me, some of us has been with Flex for many years, we know how hard they work. And things they do does not grow old on us. As customers develop a relationship with Flex they will come to see it as well.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Its the same at the big airport the ceo comes back from a trip goes to use the restroom and there is no toilet paper. Guess how many managers, supervisors and employees checked restrooms continuously over the next 2 weeks .... You take care of the customers and they will take care of you. Thanls to all the Flex employees ... Im sure you have had a rough and long month and your customers appreciate your hard work and sacrifice for the company.
  • Jim Draker
    Jim Draker Member
    edited March 2019

Received my 6600M 2/28/18 is also working great. No problems so far. Love the radio :)

73's Jim, WG0U

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    And I bet they are still up to their eye balls with shipping... good problem to have I guess.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The reason it’s quiet here is because Tim is recovering from surgery. Yes Michael is here but he’s busy selling radios in addition to what he does here.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I have a question for you 6400M and 6600M owners.. I was wondering if Flex improved the rear panel of the unit??? Looking at the on line pictures, the Metal Back, looks unfinished or more like a prototype!! I was wondering if that was resolved in the production runs..  I see that delivery is now showing MAY 2018,,, so they still have a lot of back-orders...

Robert
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Maybe someone will post pictures.
    My friend got a 6600m and it also has a 1/4 mic jack, the current pix on the website don't show that.
    the 1/8 jack for ME was totally unacceptable, I ordered when they added it.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The 6600 has both a 1/8" unbalanced and a 1/4" balanced TRS for microphones on the rear panel.  I assume the M is the same layout, but I could be wrong.  I have my Yamaha phones mic in the 1/8 and my Heil 781 in the 1/4".  Haven't tried the Yamaha mic yet as I use the Heil most of the time.  If you want to see what the rear panel looks like, download the QuickStart Guide, or the hardware manual from the web site.
  • Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The M is the same.
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes they have improved it nicely. It has a brushed finished and is a one piece back. The pix you must be referring to is a prototype I believe with the split and a unfinished look. I am very happy with the fit and finish of the entire case of my 6400M
  • vinnie
    vinnie Member
    edited March 2018
    I have received my 6600m without any real issues. There are a couple of software glitches they I've run across. For example when booting up the radio then powering on the Maestro sometimes  "LOADING " will be displayed on the screen. I have to reboot the Maestro and then it works fine. The radio once booted on and off for no apparent reason. I haven't seen this issue happen again. I am sure after a few more updates these simple fixes will be a thing of the past. The build quality is great. Yes it was worth the wait even if I was blowing a few gaskets in the process over eight months. The receiver is sharp well until my antenna broke into two pieces. Even with half an antenna the receiver is picking up weak signals.  So now waiting for my new antenna to arrive as this one (GAP TITAN) is now history! Bon voyage! 
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    What is this thread about? Is there SW issues on M models? KN7K
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Sergey, I dont think there is any glaring software issues but of course room for improvement. In my personal case I have hardware issues but outside of those issues I did not see problems.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    hi jim

i have had my 6600M now for about 10 days and have no issues other than an operator error on my part.

THe error i made was while operating FT8 on 20m. i tried to transmit outside the audio bandwidth set in the radio. Radio caught the error and did interlock and shutdown and rebooted.  AS expected. Came back up fine.

took me a half hour to figure out what i did wrong. Clicked on FT8 station that was 3400hz in the passband...about 500hz pass the upper limit i had set for transmit audio passband.

Smart radio...dump operator ...

My Homer Simpson moment.... <<<< DUH  >>>

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Never thought about this and have not had an issue. So you are saying that your TX "high cut" was  a lower value than the audio frequency you were trying to work?

I dont even show anything above 3K on my waterfall and have never even seen a station above 3k.

Regardless, I would say this is a bug on Flex's part as that is not an appropriate way to handle an error.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    hey rich

well at first i didnt see it but the radio output was lower, so there was some rolloff  so it was doing the right thing but i kept forcing it to transmit.  My guess is you only get so many tries before it says sorry and goes into a protect state.

I got my three strikes and was 'out'.   :-)

it did give an error message and did a safe reboot.

I am ok with that. It did come back in good operating state which allowed me to trouble shoot what i did wrong.

I was running two instances of wsjtx, on eon 20m the other on 17m. First operator error was opening the receive b/w to 5khz for FT8 mode which only needs 2.5 khz and second operator was me forcing radio to keep transmitting even after i saw the ouput rolloff.  Two errors on my part.

wsjtx also decoded FT8 signal up at 3.4khz and i didnt look at the spectrum graph to see my transmit signal jump up there. This happen cause i was testing some new settings.

The 6600M in my opinion is still one of the best radio i have owned.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I just tested in on SSDR and it just has no power output. No crashes, reboots, etc.

But glad you posted this as it never crossed my mind :)

Rich

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.