Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Odd behavior on TUNE

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Doing my job as a "pre-release" tester.... 6500 / flex control knob, Win-8, running current 0.13.10 software. I noticed when I had two pan windows open, one on 80 meters and the other on 10 meters, and tuned just outside the high end of 80. I hit "tune," and it didn't transmit (as expected.) But when I turned the flex knob back into the band, the rig went into "tune" mode without my hitting the button. I have repeated this several time in order to diagnose it. If I hit "tune" once, it goes into tune mode but doesn't transmit - the receiver is still operating - and if I dial back into the band the rig goes into "tune" mode. If I hit "tune" button twice, it toggles back into receive and does not go into "tune" when I dial back into the band. No biggie, but could cause a problem. Ken - NM9P

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Yep, That is a bug. I have entered it into the bug tracker for further investigation. Thanks for doing a great job of being a Preview Tester!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tim, A similar thing happens if I hit "ATU" when out of band and then either move in band, or activate TX on another slice...the rig goes into MOX mode, but since the timing for antenna tune has timed out, it doesn't tune, but just stays in MOX with a hot mike. I suspect a similar logic failure to toggle OFF of the TUNE or ATU command if the frequency was out of band...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This issue has been fixed in SmartSDR v0.15.x and greater

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.