Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Odd WSJT WSPR behavior

N8FNR
N8FNR Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just for fun I ran WSJT WSPR on 30 & 20 to see what was coming in. Weirdly I get identical stations and signal reports on both bands. However FT8 does not so this. Running 2.4.9, Slicemaster v0.10.6b and WSJT-X v2.0.1 7ddcb7

Answers

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Check your DAX assignments for both slices in WSJT-X. Might be listening to the same DAX channel on both WSJT-X instances.
  • N8FNR
    N8FNR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Good call but they are both different DAX channels.
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Might be the way it uploads with more than 1 instance of WSJT running? 
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Did you start wsjt-x on different config directories, Zack? Each instance needs to be started with the command-line option to start on a fresh configuration set (directory, actually). My apologies if you are already doing this - I have no intention to insult your intelligence.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Does this only happen on the 1st of the 4th month of the year?

• N8FNR
    N8FNR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I did not start WSJT in different config directories. However Slicemaster lets you run two instances of it. WSJT FT8 works fine this way using two different slices. 
    Looks like I will have to start WSJT in different config directories to monitor WSPR from two different slices.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.