Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Odd network issue

KC7ES
KC7ES Member ✭✭
I have a laptop and a Dell pc all on the same network as my 6300. Today, I forgot I left the laptop on with CAT and DAX running in the taskbar, but nothing else. Went down to the shack, fired up the Dell and launched Smart SDR 1.8.4. My 6300 started transmitting intermittently for a few milliseconds at a time. It wasn't until I pulled the Cat 5 that the radio settled down. Turned off the laptop, and all's well. There were no other programs running on the laptop that would have keyed the radio remotely other than what I mentioned. Very odd! Any ideas from the brain trust?

Comments

• Andreas Junge
    Andreas Junge Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Have you setup any PTT ports in SmartSDR CAT?

Certain softwares scan for Serial ports and may trigger PTT events that way. 

73, Andreas, N6NU
  • KC7ES
    KC7ES Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Yes, the two computers are setup identically, as the laptop used to be my primary. That must be the cause. When I do use the laptop, the main computer is off, so no port fighting. Thanks and 73, Eric
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I have several USB/Serial cables for various COM port things and notice that when I boot the computer they turn on and off several times during the boot process.  I try to always have the computer started first to avoid unwanted transmissions.  

****, KF5SA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.