Number of memory channels for ATU

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
Did not see anything in the software manual about how many ATU memory channels are available. Is it open ended or is there a maximum number?

Thanks Dave KB1WOD
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 93 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Jim Gilliam

Jim Gilliam

• 883 Posts
  • 195 Reply Likes
Come to think of it, I have never seen that kind of information published on any tuner I have bought. I have a Palstar HF-Auto and don't recall every seeing that subject addressed.
Photo of Mark  K1LSB

Mark K1LSB

• 65 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
My old LDG AT-897Plus tuner had a published figure of 2000 memories:

http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/18/7/2
Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 865 Posts
  • 170 Reply Likes
From the user manual, page 100, the L and C vales are good for 200kc - ie. +/-100kc. That would imply how many are available depending on the band allocation span.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9153 Posts
  • 3496 Reply Likes
Official Response
The memories are saved to a database on the radio's SD card, like all of the radio databases.  So the number of memories do not have a maximum fixed number.

But to answer the pragmatic question, the number of ATU memories you can save exceeds by a large margin the number of ATU memories created by adding one for every 100 kHz segment of each ham band for both antennas.
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 93 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Tim,
In section 24.1.2 of the SmartSDR software users guide, it states:
"Also, for high Q antennas that have a very narrow low SWR range, ATU memories can be saved every 10 kHz for a very granular ATU memory profile for that antenna."

I am assuming that the memory can hold more than what is stated above. 

The exact details are not important. Let me just say the ATU has worked as I expected and I am very happy with my 6300 with ATU. Thanks for info everyone.