Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Nr NN ANF improvement when?

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
edited November 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hello everyone, I have a question to the staff, I do not understand why the filters NB NR ANF find them useless when there are are not made usable seriously prospects for improvement?

Comments

• James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Frank, have you considered that NB is for impulse noise and not general atmospheric noise? And as for ANF, mine seems to work fine at release 1.6.x.   Some have complained it causes audio distortion but it really does notch out any offending carriers.      73 Amici Mia,       Jim
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I also find NR, WNB and ANF vastly superior to what they were a few versions ago. I find playing with AGC for optimal Signal to Noise Ratio paramount to get good results.
  • James Del Principe
    edited July 2016
    Yes, I should have mentioned AGC-T which is very effective in noise reduction.     Jim
  • Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    AGC-T is great. You just have to hit the sweet spot.  It's been that way since PowerSDR. 
    AGC-T does not solve the ANF problem however on SSDR. Toggling on ANF causes audio distortion and the carrier is audible behind any voice intelligence.  It's only silenced when there is no voice intelligence. 
  • James Del Principe
    edited July 2016
    Steven, maybe I think mine works great because I have no high frequency hearing.  HI HI.           73, Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.