NOT Following?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
The community system does allow me to follow a specific topic if I follow it specifically.. But I want to read everything

I clicked on Follow for Every Product but I am NOT getting emails for all new topics, etc.
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3692 Posts
  • 1548 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Steve - N5AC

Steve - N5AC, VP Engineering / CTO

• 1047 Posts
  • 1049 Reply Likes
Try clicking "Your Dashboard & Account" in the upper right corner. Then click the tab marked "Email & Notifications." A little ways down is a section called "Company Notifications." Click the boxes marked: "Notify me of all new topics in FlexRadio Systems" and "Notify me of every new topic and every new reply in FlexRadio" to get everything:

Steve
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9154 Posts
  • 3507 Reply Likes
Steve's view of the notification configuration setup is for employees only. To "follow" a product or get e-mail notifications of new posts, use the info in the post How to use the FlexRadio Systems Support Community
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3692 Posts
  • 1548 Reply Likes
I am not seeing that as I signed into the community using my Facebook ID
So my dashboard does not give me the Flexradio Options
I guess I need to create a Flex Radio ID?
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1811 Posts
  • 646 Reply Likes
Steve,
Is it possible that you see some additional options that we don't? Here is what I see.....

Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3692 Posts
  • 1548 Reply Likes
that is what I see too.... definitely not what steve is seeing
Photo of Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX

Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX, Elmer

• 455 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
I had the same issue when i signed in with my Facebook account. I have since created a FlexRadio Get Satisfaction account and now I get the notifications.

Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1811 Posts
  • 646 Reply Likes
Howard,
By the way I also set up an RSS reader to pull the all of the topics and display any I haven't read. That does work although there is typically some latency and they don't get emailed, you have to use the reader. I don't use the RSS feature much so other may have more ideas but here is a snapshot from FEEDSPOT, the one I use.
Regards, Al

Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3692 Posts
  • 1548 Reply Likes
Clearly they need to tell people who want to see everything that they should NOT sign up using Facebook but rather one needs a separate Flex ID
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1811 Posts
  • 646 Reply Likes
Richard,
I use my GetSatisfaction account (not FaceBook) that I've had for years and still don't see the options that Steve showed. I do get emails on the topics I've followed but not on ALL topics posted. (But as I mentioned the RSS reader option works).

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3692 Posts
  • 1548 Reply Likes
I used Facebook... I get copies of ONLY the Topics I am specifically following and NOT ALL Topics posted. It would appear that none of us get ALL TOPICS?

Tim's suggested methodology "How to use the FlexRadio Systems Support Community" does NOT work for ALL TOPICS
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9154 Posts
  • 3507 Reply Likes
You need to log in with a GetSatisfaction account and follow the products of interest.
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1811 Posts
  • 646 Reply Likes
Tim, Agree that is what I see also. I log in with a GetSatisfaction account and I get emails for all the topics I follow. It looks like Steve and probably the others that have elevated status (employee, admin, etc) have an additional option to get emails in EVERY new topic as well. For the regular users that option does not seem to be available but we can use an RSS reader as I noted above. Does this sound correct to you?
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9154 Posts
  • 3507 Reply Likes
Yes, but if you are "following" a product, you should be getting e-mail notifications of new topic posts for that particular product. Once you get the initial topic post, you will need to choose that particular topic to follow.
Photo of Dr. Howard S White

Dr. Howard S White

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I just set up a new Get Satisfaction Account. NOT using Facebook login

I set up FOLLOW on all products. Now lets see if I get all new topics.