Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Not losing connection..... acually restarting is causing lost connection problem.

K5ROX
K5ROX Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Ive had a loosing connection problem with my 6600 since new.....sometimes goes weeks just fine then sometimes lost connection 4 times in 5 days.

Untill the other nite I thought just loosing connection.

But the other nite I was laying in bed and the flex restarted itself, green light flashes a bit then solid and radio is fine except I have to reconnect.

At first Flex insisted it was my router, cables or Computer.

I tried a different computer,  router and cables, problem persist.

Flex still insist its my computer so I bought a $900 computer, Problem still persist.

Flex told me not to send it in because it would take a long time.....

Radio has been running almost 3 days now and im concerned about my warranty.

I need some reasonable RELIEF.

Windows 10, Radio has always had battery backup, tried different power supplies also, 3 in all

Ive used different power cables and felt for loose connections etc.

I can not get it to do anything by feeling all cables.

Hello Flex...…...

Comments

• Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    If the green light flashes, it means that you have lost power to your radio. It suggests a problem with the power cable, a fuse holder or similar, which is causing it to lose power momentarily. When this happens you will lose connectivity with your radio and need to reconnect. Are you by chance using the remote turn on/ turn off feature? If this turned the radio off then on again, it would do what you are seeing. I would first check your power cable, (which you have done),  the connectors at the back of your radio and the internal fuse to make sure it has clean contacts, the fuse is not broken internally (I have seen several in different equipment where the fuse is intermittent) & keep fingers crossed that you find the cause. It is pointing towards a loss of power to the radio or an internal problem that is causing the radio to reset.
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Can you describe the power supply you are using? Is it losing connection when transmitting??
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I think he means the normal green flashing when the radio first boots up
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Problem has never happened when transmitting.

My power Supplies are all fine.

My 12v power wires are fine, ive tried several.

The problem is my Flex...… tried everything many many times.

If was weak connection it would be more obvious when transmitting.

• Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Not necessarily. A dirty fuse contact can cause problems when a small current is being drawn but then work when a large current is passed through it. In digital car radios this is a major problem which frequently is nothing more than a dirty set of fuse contacts. I have looked at some after all other tests have failed to find the fault and the poor owner has paid hundreds of dollars in service fees. Sometimes a simple fault is the easiest to be overlooked.
  • Don Judd
    Don Judd Member
    edited July 2019
    I have had a similar problem where during startup my 6600M on/off button is flashing red and does not seem to be booting up properly.  The most recent case indicated it had lost my internet connection then takes me to the login screen asking me which version of SmartSDR I want to use and then it starts up fine.
    Only had the radio about one month now and it is new.  This has happened 3 or 4 times now. 

Don
    W5MMJ

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Best bet here is to open a formal support case with flex.  Let Tim or one of their technicians walk through troubleshooting your radio.  If they determine it needs to be sent in at that time they will let you know, but they may be able to get you running properly without that.. so the best place is to work this through is flex support.
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I use KD9UR's SDRMointor and one time I notices abt 1.5V drop in voltage which turned out to be a connector that started to act up. Good luck and hopefully you will find your problem !

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.