Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Not Connecting from my Iphone6S on ATT LTE

Barry J Cohen
Barry J Cohen Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Installed version 2.0.17 this morning and everything working beautifully and finally tonight had a chance to try my Iphone6S with the WI FI off to see if I could connect and I cannot connect from my Iphone 6S on ATT LTE system. It does not discover the FLEX6300? I must have something not right in the router? I tried opening ports 4993 and 4994 to the main computer but that didn't work. Anyone have a quick fix it is an XFINITY Router Dual Band XB3 Modem. It worked with the VPN. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi Barry, Did you go through the smartlink setup?
  • Jim Hight W5TUF
    Jim Hight W5TUF Member
    edited July 2017
    When I attempt to setup smartlink I get an error that it can not find my Flex 6300. I do not have a UPnP setting on my at&t router. I have turned off all of my firewalls and still smartlink can not connect to my FLEX 6300. I have contacted at&t and they were not aware of any Universal Plug and Play settings on the router. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    " I must have something not right in the router? I tried opening ports 4993 and 4994 to the main computer but that didn't work." I don't have the software running here yet, but shouldn't you open the ports to the RADIO, not the local (main?) computer?
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Make sure you watch the video on setting up SmartLink.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umt3q0Uwk0Y

Over 561 views and growing.  

This is a must watch.  :)

Mike

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I had the same problem. One must register the IOS device with Smartlink. Tap the "settings" icon (the gears icon) and go to "enable Smartlink) (Requires V2 license).

Jim, K6QE

• Barry J Cohen
    Barry J Cohen Member
    edited July 2017

Thanks to all. Had a flawless install this morning and didn't get to try the phone till tonight. The problem was 2 fold. 1. The PTT timed out so even though the link tested OK and showed up on the phone it wouldn't connect so I unregistered and re registered again.

2. I only had a 4G connection in the room I was testing it in.

I think the last problem was I had to restore the Application in the App store and now I am up and running.

Thanks to ALL!!/ My RX seems to work better than ever on strong signals and I finally figured out how to get the XIT to show on the screen. Everything good for now and hope I don't have to  bother anyone too much. THIS group and the FLEX team is great support and next will be testing the Maestro remotely!

Thanks again

73 Barry  N2BJ 

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I also have AT&T.
    You have to get into your router and enter on a web page your default gateway. 
    ex: 192.168. etc...
    Then click on the Firewall and go to Nat/gaming at the bottom of that page click on Custom Service to add/edit the TCP and UDP ports.
    Ps. You are going to need the Access Code on the router, in order to make any changes.
  • Jim Hight W5TUF
    Jim Hight W5TUF Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks. I opened up my router and found the ip address of the flex 6300 and edited the firewall settings and set it to allow all applications also called DMZplus mode.Everything is working fine. 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes, the ports to open are for the RADIO's IP port.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes that is correct. Every device that you want to use as a radio client needs to log in to SmartLink. 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    That is a good reminder....if you once had SSDR-IOS running and it now says you don't own it, then go to the SSDR-iOS "Tools" menu and hit "Restore" for the main app. Occasionally, after a change in network it seems to forget....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.