Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Not able to make a Smartlink Connection

Got the 6400 2 days ago. Updated to recent firmware 2.3.9.  All connected. I can connect to the radio directly, and works well. However I cannot establish a Smartlink to the server. Do I have to connect the radio to my router/switch to make it look remote?

Answers

• N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes the radio needs to be on your network. then make sure you run the UPNP or manually enter the needed ports and forward to the IP address of the Flex
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    With my new 6400M I found that connecting to the network hub worked great; connecting to the PC did not.  Lesson is to connect the rig to the hub, not to the PC.
    de Roger W6VZV
  • Martin S. W7RU
    edited June 2020
    Thank you all for the quick reply.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    There is a way to connect your computer to your radio directly and bridge your internet connection to the rig through the computer. But it is a little involved, and then you would need to leave the computer on all the time.

Connecting the rig to your router, or to a switch that connects the rig and computer to the router, is much easier. This is what I do.

You can get a suitable switch for about $30 U.S.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.