Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Nomore datastream from IQ1 to CWSKIMMER

Lasse SM5GLC
Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
Recently installed CW skimmer and had no problems get it working along with  SDR bridge. When I started the skimmer today everything looked good, except no IQ-data shown on skimmer, hence no signals detected. After re-boot, restart and such, no improvement. By pure luck I started a second IQ-DAX stream, this one works with-out any issues (it seems), but as soon as I switch at SDR Bridge to stream 1 the IQ-data (only stream 1) does not reach the skimmer.
Dax reporting that all activated channels streams at 6.2Mbs/s

CWskimmer and SDR-bridge have been removed and reinstalled, and the problem is still there. No other program running that might interfear with the data-stream.

No bigge to be forced to not to use IQDAX1 but curious what might have happened?

I am using 1.10.8beta and SDR-Bridge 1.51 Skimmer 1.91

/Lasse SM5GLC

Comments

• Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hi Lasse,

If you look at your Dax Control panel check and see if the I/Q stream 1 is saying busy.

If so then see this thread:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/iq-stream-busy-again
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I had a similar issue.  I ended up saving my profiles and doing a reset on the 6700.  All seems to be working just fine now.
  • Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Mark,
    thanks but its not busy... it do looks ok on the DAX control, but data does not get into skimmer.
  • Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Before do a major reset... Did you have DAX telling all is OK, but data somehow not showing in Skimmer software?
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I believe that's what he said.  That is what was going on with me.  A reset of the Flex fixed it for me.

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I use CW Skimmer and I find it to be a kludge. The software was never written for SDR radios. The one thing I've learned after multiple problems like yours is you to wiggle/shake the panadapter to wake up CW skimmer after that it works flawlessly. Good Luck 
  • Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Made h/w reset - no difference
    Replaced the IQ1-file - no difference
    Removed/installed SSDR and DAX - no difference.
    IQ Stream 1 refuses to be interpreted by Skimmer
    IQ Stream 2-4 works like a charm!
  • Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Update, I installed the latest SSDR and skimmer on a different PC which is on my home LAN, and no problems to use IQ stream 1... so there seems to be a misconfiguration on the radio dedicated computer. And this is not rectified by reboot nor reinstall of the software used.
    Any hints on where to clean up in resgister (Win 7)?
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    There is a SDR-Bridge config file that can survive removal and reinstall.  It's under C:Users and drill down to W2RF.  Delete and a new one will be generated upon bridge restart.  also make sure skimmer is set to WDM and the correct DAX channel and correct DAX speeds are set

73  W9OY
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I had a similar issue, but was using it on a PC and testing it on laptop and had my Maestro in there too. So this is what I found. After using DAX IQ1 on the PC, testing CWskimmer and SDR-Bridge worked fine. Then duplicated the install with the latest on my laptop and could get data. Opening up DAX IQ2 would work, ok. Then went back to PC, DAX IQ1 ok so changed it to DAX IQ2 and then closed down SmartSDR and opened up the laptop. Same thing but now DAX IQ2 wasn't working. What I found is that I had to actually close DAX down and confirm no instances of CWskimmer and SDR-Bridge running on either computer by using the task manager. Then I can get DAX IQ1 working as should using this method. Don't know if this will help in the case but it did in my case. Perhaps something to do with networking detecting DAX channel in use sticking in persistence?

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    After loosing the ability to set speed of the in-built Winkeyer from DX4Win (but still working from N1MM+) I felt time to down grade. So re-installed 1.9.13 and downgraded f/w... all seems back to normal. I can now use IQ-1 stream to skimmer and also adjust speed from DX4Win but this required a h/w reset also.
    BTW I saw the info on where to locate the config file too late, but problem solved anyway!
    Thanks for all help
    73 Lasse SM5GLC
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Now that I think about it, I've had to close down and restart DAX a few times since the beta upgrade. I've been leaving the 6700 on 24/7 and switch back and forth from PC to Maestro a few times a day. When go to use a data mode like JT-65 this is where I discover the dax channel is not sending data to the JT-65 program. Simply close DAX and reopening it gets it working again.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Mike,
    That's exactly what is happening to me when I use JT65. However, closing DAX does not reopen JT65. The operation secede (stops.) I will be trying others suggestion given in this thread. Hopefully this will be resolved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.