noise burst on transmit

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered

RE: original post:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/noise_burst_at_beginning_of_transmission

I do not believe this was fixed in the last release or two.   It appears that the tx audio buffer is filling while in receive, and a few hundred milliseconds of that buffer is being sent at the initial time of transmission. It appears that the tx audio buffer needs to be gated and/or delayed a few hundred milliseconds once PTT is activated.

For example, if I am listening to a QSO with the speakers, and they are obviously loud enough to open the audio gating of my tx audio chain, when I first key up, stations are reporting a noise burst at the beginning of my transmission. Using a headset is NOT a solution..........

Eric

K2CB

Photo of K2CB Eric Dobrowansky

K2CB Eric Dobrowansky

• 253 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of David Holmgren

David Holmgren

• 45 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Eric,

Just so we are talking about the same noise.  You said: "The operator sitting behind the mic doesn't even know there's an issue unless the receiving party mentions it."
If you watch my video you will see on the screen the broadband noise on your screen or at least I do on the 6400M.  It's constant and replaces the mic audio.  The receiving party will hear nothing but white noise.  Is this the problem that you have been experiencing for 4 years or is it different? David K9RUF.
Photo of K2CB Eric Dobrowansky

K2CB Eric Dobrowansky

• 253 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
You appear to be experiencing a different issue.

This thread concerns the TX audio buffer as described in the original posting.
Photo of David Holmgren

David Holmgren

• 45 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Well still good news so I am cautiously optimistic.  The noise burst has not occurred since yesterday morning.  Putting the radio through its paces and it's holding up.