Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Noise Blinker, and distorded sound

Lynwood Wilson
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I listen to 80 meters AM, why does strong stations sounds distorded for the first few seconds? also it knocks my noise blinker out? I have to reset the noise blinker for it to work again.

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Same her..

WNB  NB   are not usable on low bands with strong signals. Distortions , audio blackouts.. 

I think it was better with earlier SSDR Versions, when w bought the 6K4 mid last year. 

• Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Yep, same problem on SSB.  If I have the NB on, the first few seconds of transmission will be severely distorted.  If I rapidly click the NB off then back on, it comes back clear.  Almost sounds like some sort of AGC responding too slowly.  Honestly, the NB on my IC706MKIIG works better.

Also, it's noise BLANKER not blinker.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    It’s not designed to operate all knobs to the right all the time. Increase it slowly and stop when you achieve desired results. I use mine on 80 and 160 (and lower) without any problems. Noise reduction for a long time hasn’t improved. The noise blanker (in-slice) is fine and WNB is fantastic.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.