Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Noise Blanker Smart SDR Ios

Options
Noticed this morning while on my 6500 on my computer that I had some pulse type noise. Turned on noise blanker on Smart SDR and noise went away. I switched over to the Smart SDR Ios app and had no noise. I turned off NB on the app and noise came back. Went to turn NB back on and the indicator in the flag said it was on but it apparently did not turn the NB back on. Had to go back to radio on the computer to turn it back on. Any one else notice this possible issue.

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options

Very astute observation. You should be asked to be a Beta tester.

Jim, K6QE

• W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    SmartSDR for IOS is nice, but for those of us on limited data plans (out here on the ranch) we need to know the data rate (up+down), and what measures to take to minimize it. K6TU's IOS version has an option to minimize. Any thoughts or further information about this for SmartSDR for IOS?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I would like to be a beta tester but have not been asked. I noticed an issue also with profiles and when I get what I am doing nailed down and exact issue I'll post here. It has to do when I switch mic to Iphone then go back to SDR on the computer monitor and vox appear to not work. Have to reload a profile to get it back.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It has a slow, Medium and Fast Bandwidth control

image Here is how it looks on Slow
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I use mine on a local network so that is a non issue for me.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Steven It's hard to invite people to be beta testers when their online profile lacks a call sign or other identifier.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Dave, it is still a great client when you are at home using your IPad or iPhone. You don't have to use any of your data plan minutes when you iOS device is connected to youWIFI router at home.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Call sign added . . . Steve . . . KK9W
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have reported the NB interaction issue with the developers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.