Noise Blanker Smart SDR Ios

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Noticed this morning while on my 6500 on my computer that I had some pulse type noise. Turned on noise blanker on Smart SDR and noise went away.
I switched over to the Smart SDR Ios app and had no noise. I turned off NB on the app and noise came back. Went to turn NB back on and the indicator in the flag said it was on but it apparently did not turn the NB back on. Had to go back to radio on the computer to turn it back on. Any one else notice this possible issue.
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 750 Posts
  • 256 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jim Gilliam

Jim Gilliam

• 920 Posts
  • 215 Reply Likes

Very astute observation. You should be asked to be a Beta tester.

Jim, K6QE

Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 750 Posts
  • 256 Reply Likes
I would like to be a beta tester but have not been asked. I noticed an issue also with profiles and when I get what I am doing nailed down and exact issue I'll post here. It has to do when I switch mic to Iphone then go back to SDR on the computer monitor and vox appear to not work. Have to reload a profile to get it back.
(Edited)
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3726 Posts
  • 1578 Reply Likes
Steven

It's hard to invite people to be beta testers when their online profile lacks a call sign or other identifier.
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 750 Posts
  • 256 Reply Likes
Call sign added . . . Steve . . . KK9W
Photo of W5UN_Dave

W5UN_Dave

• 316 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
SmartSDR for IOS is nice, but for those of us on limited data plans (out here on the ranch) we need to know the data rate (up+down), and what measures to take to minimize it. K6TU's IOS version has an option to minimize. Any thoughts or further information about this for SmartSDR for IOS?
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 749 Posts
  • 256 Reply Likes
I use mine on a local network so that is a non issue for me.
Photo of Jay -- N0FB

Jay -- N0FB, Elmer

• 535 Posts
  • 212 Reply Likes
Dave, it is still a great client when you are at home using your IPad or iPhone. You don't have to use any of your data plan minutes when you iOS device is connected to youWIFI router at home.
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3726 Posts
  • 1578 Reply Likes
It has a slow, Medium and Fast Bandwidth control

Here is how it looks on Slow
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9185 Posts
  • 3533 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have reported the NB interaction issue with the developers.