Noise Blanker Fix

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Any plans for fixing the Noise Blanker in 1. software ? 
 I can not justify stepping up to the 2.0 and gamble that it is really fixed.
I would expect the noise blanker on thee 6300 to at least equal my Elecraft K3 or my Icom 7300 . Any thoughts on this fail ?
Photo of James Teeple

James Teeple

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Christian von Wechmar

Christian von Wechmar

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I will buy a Flex as soon as their NB is confirmed to be better than the K3S, IC-7300/7610. I've been holding off for three years now, waiting for a fix. Will check again in 6 months. Please Flex, fix it. Make it the best. Urban hams will LOVE you. 73 Chris ZS1DX
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3973 Posts
  • 967 Reply Likes
What you are wanting is a general NB that throws a blanket over all noise that can be heard.
I can tell you first hand, that the NB works as intended and very very good under the type of noise it is intended to attack. 
I had a very bad electrical noise last week that knocked out 160m here. I turned on the WNB and it completely went away. I posted pictures of it turned on and off, you may have seen them.

I then tried the NB, it worked amazingly as well, but it does not clean up the panadapter so you can see signals better as the WNB did.

The noise mitigation in the Flex 6xxx are meant to stop certain types of noise, not all of them in one sweep.
(Edited)
Photo of Scott N8UMW

Scott N8UMW

• 155 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
It would still be nice to have that option though. Doesn't seem like it would take a total redo of the software to do it.