Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No SmartSDR for the 6700!

DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in
help...I received the 6700 and until this week I wasn't able to do anything with the radeio. Now I have everything hooked up I can not find any cd with smart SDR nor do I know where to download this software.

Comments

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Welcome to the community. We're glad you've got your radio and that you're excited to use it. We didn't include a CD in the box since the software is changing at a good pace. You can find the link for the latest version of SmartSDR right here in the community either in the banner announcement or under Products & Services on the right side.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    found it though I must have missed where it was located initially.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I am running Parallels on an iMAC, I have enet connectivity through a gigi switch with activity. Is there something special I have to do in order for the WIN 7 vm in Parallels to see the radio?
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    You just need to be on the same subnet. I'm not familiar enough with the OSX controls, but you basically want the ethernet connection to the VM to be bridged and not behind a software NAT.
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Noticed Eric said the software was changing at a good pace.. Had my 6700 for over 6 weeks now and no upgraded software. Where at the new upgrades!!!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This would be a good time to review the communication regarding the quality assurance process and how it relates to the release cycle that was in last week's FlexInsider. FLEX-6000 SmartSDR Preview Release Cycle Timing by Tim Ellison, W4TME Since it has been 4 weeks since the last distribution of a SmartSDR for Windows Preview release, I wanted to provide an update to what has been happening in regards to the release cycle. One paramount requirement of the SmartSDR release cycle is that any software product we distribute to the Preview group must be functionally better and meets or exceeds the operational quality of currently available software. To guarantee this, there is an established quality assurance process that is applied to every potential software release. Steve Hicks, N5AC the VP of Engineering, stated several weeks ago we were developing on rolling two week release cycles and we have been achieving that goal. After completing a two week development iteration we package a release for internal Gray-box testing which is performed by non-development FlexRadio employees. The intent of Gray-box testing is to search for the defects, if any, due to improper structure or improper usage of applications. If defects are found, we determine their severity level and decide if they are serious enough to prevent the distribution of the software release to the beta team. If they are, we do not distribute the software to the beta team, the defects are placed in the current development iteration and the development cycle continues with a skipped release. If the release passes Gray-box testing, then it is classified as a "beta" release and distributed to our internal beta team of Flex users for Black-box testing and "real world" operational testing. Black-box testing is a quality assurance technique where the user examines the functionality of the application without knowing its internal structures or workings. This activity takes anywhere from 4-7 days to complete. Again, we collect the defect reports, log them into the database and evaluate their criticality. This allows us to make the "go/no go" distribution decision based on our key requirement; that we never release to the Preview group software that is not functionally better and meets or exceed the operational quality of the currently available software. Unfortunately we had one beta release in mid-July that did not make the grade. This happens at times when you are trying to improve the performance and capabilities of the radio at the foundational levels of the software. The positive takeaway is that our quality assurance processes worked as intended. So, as procedure dictates, we rolled in the discovered defects into the mid-July two week development iteration which was completed last Friday. Since then we have been very busy Gray-box testing the new release, and so far it is looking very promising with the possibility of Black-box testing by the beta team starting today or Saturday. Therefore as the schedule indicates, if beta testing is successful, we are planning on a Preview release of SmartSDR for Windows and SmartCAT sometime next week.