Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No more SmartSDR CAT

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR CAT
After dinner tonight I came out to update the 6700 with today's release. No problems until it was time for the CAT update. I deleted the old file and rebooted. I then ran the installer which has always been installing in: C;/program files/flexradio systems/smartsdr/modules/catinstaller_64 (running Windows 8). I always get this error: The installer was interrupted before SmartSDR CAT could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again... I have tried a dozen times so far with the same result. Any ideas??? Was hoping to run the new software but I guess not tonight. 73 Greg AB7R
Tagged:

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Did you just delete the file, or did you run UNDELETE from Control Panel? SmartCAT must be completely uninstalled and then the computer rebooted. Then you can install the new version of SmartCAT. If you didn't, then you can go back and fully uninstall both versions of SmartCAT, then reboot and install the new SmartCAT again and see if this helps.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    It installed fine for me on Windows 8, and the rigCAT still works through Fldigi. If the installer was interrupted before the install was complete, I would do another uninstall/reboot, until I get a clean install.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    I did an uninstall through the control panel as the instructions say. When I go back into the control panel there is nothing there to uninstall now because it already uninstalled. And the installer will not run. I did the reboot after the uninstall as well. Also....I can run SSDR without CAT but I am not getting any audio. Dead silence. Nothing is muted in the slice or on the spkr/phones controls. Just no audio. I see plenty of signals. I also see ACC in the mic input selection drop down window but the ACC button is still there next to bias. Shouldn't that go away now? Greg
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    I uninstalled SSDR and redownloaded the installer and ran it again. This time I was able to get CAT to install. Weird....Still no audio though. I have had enough for tonight.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.