Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No audio signal on DAX control panel

Options
N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I selected DAX on the slice flag and then selected channel 1 for the slice. Then selected DAX for the audio input device. I opened the hidden ICON box and selected "open the DAX control Panel". Everything was OK except I don't see any audio indication on the DAX 1 signal monitor. Selected DIGU but no change. What am I doing wrong??? I need help! Al N4AB 6700, Win 8.1 SDR v1.0.24

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Try toggling the channel one select button a few times. Please let me know if this fixes the issue. Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Sounds like I'm experiencing a similar issue. All works fine with DAX, but no RX or TX indication (red meter indication) in the DAX control panel. Rebooted computer and works fine...for now. :)
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Tried the toggling, but no joy. I know there is audio but it is not making it to the Control Panel. Al N4AB
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I did a complete boot all the way to removing the DC. Nothing has helped so far. Al, N4AB
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am currently having the same issue, it was there earlier, the system has been running all day with the DAX control panel open. earlier DX1 was showing a signal. There is a signal there because Fldigi is showing text from off the air. When I change slice A from DAX1 to DAX2 then DAX2 shows the signal correctly, switching slice A back to DAX1 still does not show the signal, but the waterfall in Fldigi does show the signal. Hmm.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I can't tell exactly what is going on from your description so let me see if I can provide some things that may help. RECEIVE 1. In SmartSDR, select the DAX channel in the slice receiver (let's say 1) 2. In the DAX control panel, click the blue DAX channel number that matches the selection from step 1 (so the blue 1 button since we selected channel 1 in step 1). 3. You should see the RX meter move in the DAX control panel. If you do not see this, you will not be able to receive any audio in your program 4. Select "DAX AUDIO RX 1" sound card in your application for receive (input) and verify that you have audio 5. In the DAX control panel, make any adjustments to the RX level slider TRANSMIT 1. In your application, connect to the "DAX AUDIO TX 1" sound card. Initiate production of TX audio in your application 2. In the DAX control panel, select the channel number (1) so that it is blue and select the TX indicator so that it is red. Verify that the TX meter is moving when receiving audio from the application and adjust the TX level slider so that the level peaks below 0 dBFS (0 indication) 3. In SmartSDR, ensure the DAX channel (1) is selected in the TX slice and that the slice is selected for transmit (Red TX lit on slice "flag"). 4. Select DAX as the input source 5. I would turn down RX out power to zero and press MOX. Look for the panadapter to show the RF signal you would be transmitting and for the audio meter in the TX panel so show the audio level received from DAX (this only works in transmit). 6. Make any fine adjustments to the TX level in the DAX control panel, unkey the radio and return your RF power to your desired setting You will also need to connect CAT for PTT for most applications
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I just posted the same question 5 minutes ago; not knowing that you had posted the same here.... Oh well Tim or Steve can move it here manana! I tried the toggling etc. and it had no effect.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    For the X number of time I tried your settings and there is NO change. Please read my posting on this subject where I have posted pictures that the Control Panel DOES NOT populate the "Slice and Rate." It appears there is something not working with Win7 since KF2T using Fldigi and Win8 is working for him. I tried to get more audio into the Audio Stream by turning the AGC OFF and the max SmartSDR readings are not higher than an S7 peaks. Using WSJT I max out the audio bar up to the top and the signal indicator is shifting 1 dB max. That will not decode a thing. I had an early WSJT v1.1 - R3495 which had WMDS and MME as a selection with DAX; that display a much higher amount dB's as I needed but it would not decode. It seems that it is not the input/output of the audio but the DAX the limitation. Or Win7 has an inferiority complex for DAX. Since it seems to work with Win8.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Check out how I resolved the issue with DAX and Win7 !!! Posted a few minutes ago... Audio receive working ... the rest is a piece of cake!
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    In the attached screenshot, DAX channels 1,2 and 4 all have audio as evidenced by the "Rate:" indicator, but Channel 1 no longer displays the level bar. It did at first and the attached program still works, just no bar. This is one of those issues that make me go Hmmm...
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I can confirm I've had the same issue.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I recommend that you follow Greg's DAX setup with Fldigi how to and get that working first. http://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/how_do_i_setup_dax_with_fldigi Then move on to other digital mode programs.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.