Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No waterfall after 1.4.11 upgrade

Mike James - WJ7U
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
After upgrading to SSDR 1.4.11, I noticed that there was no waterfall / panafall on the panadapter. Following are the symptoms:
- Radio is Flex 6500. Windows 7 SP1. No driver changes recently.
- Can create / destroy panadapters, but the waterfall never appears.
- Can create / destroy slices. These can be tuned by either the mouse or flexcontrol.
- Radio changes modes / bands OK.
- Receiver audio seems OK. Tuning around seems to bring in signals appropriate to the displayed frequency.
- Clicking the Tune button results in the normal 10W tune carrier indicated on my LP100 wattmeter. However, there is no change in either the SSDR RF Power or SWR meters.
- Performing a Factory Reset (including removing DC power) doesn't help.
- Downgrading to 1.4.0 or 1.4.3 doesn't help.

This is the first time I've experienced anything but normal operation from the radio. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike WJ7U

Comments

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    What happens if you uninstall both 1.4.0 and 1.4.3, reboot and re-install 1.4.11.137?  

Mike va3mw
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Are you sure you are left-clicking on the correct bottom part of the screen to reveal the waterfall?
  • Marv
    Marv Member
    edited February 2017
    Try clicking on display and adjusting color saturation and once you get what you like save to your default profile.  Marv W0ZK
  • Mike James - WJ7U
    edited May 2015
    Michael,

Tried that, but no change.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Mike James - WJ7U
    edited May 2015
    Marv,

Thanks for your response. There is no waterfall at all (the panadapter window is blank except for the slice display and vertical yellow line.

Mike
  • Mike James - WJ7U
    edited May 2015

Jim,

Clicking on the icon to add a panadapter works - I get more panadapters; they just don't display the received signal or panafall. See screenshot below for the panadapter as it currently looks.

Thanks,
    Mike WJ7U

imageimage

• Mike James - WJ7U
    edited May 2015
    Update: After trying complete uninstalls, including using CCleaner on the registry, I installed 1.4.11 on another PC, where it worked normally. I then used the nuclear option on the original PC (reinstalled Windows 7 from scratch). This resulted in normal operation.

Mike - WJ7U
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    You might want to use an external USB drive and create a disk image so you don't have to go through the reinstall again. There is an imaging program available in Windows XP, 7, and 8.1. Don't know about 10.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    There are free and more intuitive programs. Try Macrium Relect - they do a free version. The *only* reason I do not use this myself is that I have more than 4 primary partitions on my main hard disk.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Wild guess here, but it sounds like there may have been a firewall issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.