Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No Upgrade Light in Radio Chooser

shawje
shawje Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hopefully, I'm just missing something, but I read thru the v1.4 Release Notes, turned on my 6700, opened SSDR, and got a radio available green dot in the chooser, not the yellow upgrade dot that I should get to upgrade from 1.3.8 to 1.4.  What do I need to do?  Thanx and 73, Jim

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Did you click on the set up in the location where the new program is located? Sounds to me like you are still running 1.3.8 instead of 1.4 icon.
  • shawje
    shawje Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Not sure what you mean by "...where the new program is located?"  I haven't downloaded anything yet.  I thought that was kicked off by SSDR giving me a yellow upgrade dot and an upgrade button in the radio chooser when I open my SSDR 1.3.8 icon.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

You have to download the new 1.4 program and install it. After you install it, a new 1.4 icon will appear on your desk top and you double click on it. Your Flex will see that it no longer is being executed from 1.3.8 and will start to load the new firmware into its memory.

Jim

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

You can download the new program from this URL

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr_v1-4-0_installer-exe/

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    1. Export your profiles.

2. Turn off the Flex.

3. Deinstall 1.3.8.

4. Download 1.4.0

5. Install 1.4.0.

6. Turn on the Flex.

7. Start SmartSDR 1.4.0.

8. The yellow dot will turn on.

9. Follow instructions, firmware update will commence.

10. Import your profiles.
    11. Tadaaaa!

73, Alex DH2ID
  • shawje
    shawje Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ah, the "aha" moment.  I just reviewed Steve's announcement e-mail and see the link for the 1.4 installer.  Thanx for your assistance. 73
  • shawje
    shawje Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Thanx, also, Alex, altho I don't really need to uninstall 1.3.8 from what I've read, do I?
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The older versions don't have to be uninstalled, but be sure you don't load the old one by accident in the future and "downgrade" your radio back to the older version.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    All the older versions occupy different locations than the newer versions. I found it makes no difference whether I keep them or not as long as I always start 1.4. I just deleted the icons to make sure I don't start any older versions of SmartSDR or any CAT or DAX versions.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Uninstalling old versions is just my way to stay sane ;-) 
    My wife isn't so sure about that, though....
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Wives were born to torment hams

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.