Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

no tx audio

Paulo CT1ETE
Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭
Hi,

1. I just installed Fldigi following video instructions and post instructions
2. When I transmit there is no audio going to the Flex 6400M. Only MOX activates
3. I have activity showing in my TX streaming (SmartDAX)
4. I have set DAX AUDIO TX as my deafult playback device
5. DAX is selected on the radio menu

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    So Dax TX is "input" to the radio from FLDigi.   I have no used FLDigi in a long time. Does it not have an "output" device?
  • Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I forgot to say I have DAX Audio TX as my playback device

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Are you using DAX Channel 2?
    That is what you have FLDIGI set too
    on the slice window make sure you have DAX set to the same Channel that you plan on using?
    in the "Phone" window on the far right make sure you have DAX selected
    Bret
    WX7Y
  • Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi Bret. Yes, I am using DAX 2 both on Fldigi and on the radio. I also have DAX selected on MIC menu. I have the same config with WSJT-X and it’s working fine. The reception is fine only the tx is not transmitting audio on Fldigi. Thanks.
  • Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Well....

I have Fldigi config as per SmartSDR User Guide. I changed from RX 2 to RX 1 both on the 6400M and Fldigi. DAX is selected on MIC Menu. When I push the macro button for CQ, the PTT puts the 6400M on MOX but there is no tx. I can see on SmartDAX the streaming audio at a level near the 0. I really don't know what to do next.
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Check you TX Bandwidth. If you are in the DigU mode, the default TX bandwidth is 1000 to 2000 Hz, you show you are transmitting at 2200 Hz, outside of TX bandwidth and your DAX IS ENABLED on the SSDR console. Dudley
  • Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I checked and now I am within the bandwidth. No success!
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Is TX Inhibit enabled in Radio Setup TX tab? If so, set to disabled and restart fldigi.

Good luck.

Kev

• Bruce  WE7P
    Bruce WE7P Member
    edited February 2019
    In the screen shot you posted, bottom window says " PortAudio error: unanticipated host error ". I don't use Fldigi, but this seems like it is telling you there is an error in your settings.

Bruce
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Port audio error, GOOD POINT. Make sure no DAX driver is set as a default audio device. Entirely separate sound device from normal computer sound device. Dudley
  • Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi Kev. TX inhibit is off.
  • Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Dudley. I will keep trying as soon as I get my 6400M back from service center. Thanks for the tips. Anyway, FYI FT8 works fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.