No transmit

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
I am able to transmit a running signal of what ever power it is set at but not able to transmit using the Mike key. I tried a second Mike with the same results. Am using 2.6.1 soft ware. Reloaded version 1 same thing Then reloaded 2.6.1. Same results. This is true for all bands.
Photo of Joel Swapp KO6FL

Joel Swapp KO6FL

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Mauro HB9FBG

Mauro HB9FBG

• 33 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Quale radio Flex usi?
Ho un nuovo 6400 e dalla versione 318 mi hanno fatto passare alla versione 249 ma con i miei profili ho dei buchi nella trasmissione. Con 318 l'ho avuto anche in cw!
Photo of W9ILY

W9ILY

• 100 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Joel, could you give us some more info. Are you using a Maestro? Using a 6500? Mic connected directly to the 6500?
Photo of Bob Craig, K8RC

Bob Craig, K8RC

• 281 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
If you're using the 8-pin Foster connector, there are differences in how the pins are wired. The Flex uses the same wiring as Yaesu, I believe.
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 260 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
Did you make sure you are in legal TX band, the TX inhibit is not set, and you do not have DAX selected as input.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1238 Posts
  • 259 Reply Likes
Also try putting in AM and hitting the MOX button. Leave the mic out for now.
Photo of John

John

• 29 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Has it ever worked?  Could be a problem in the flex socket wiring or P-T-T circuit.
Photo of Joel Swapp KO6FL

Joel Swapp KO6FL

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I appreciate all of the comments. Have used two different Mike's and checked the transmit inhibit control without a solution. Spoke with service in Austin this morning and Wil' take radio in to them Tuesday morning.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.