Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No Transmit with Maestro

Robert Nezelek
edited May 2019 in Maestro
When operating from Maestro I see audio on monitor level meter, the 6600M keys, but no rf output.

Mic1 is selected on the Maestro, I can hear my audio in with the monitor function.

Maestro:Maestro is selected in Multiflex Local PTT enabled.

I have the Mic profile set to FHM-2 in the Maestro profile.

The local 6600M profile is set to PR781 in the local profile as I was told that there was a problem if they were both the same.

I have reset the radio to default.  I am running ver 3 software.  I am using only 1 slice and antenna. 

Everything seems ok locally but still no rf output when using Maestro.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Bob W2CNS

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Robert

Do you see any RF output if you press the tune button?

#FlexRadio IRC Chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• KD2OM
    KD2OM Member
    edited May 2019
    Yes and the antenna tunes.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    OK then it isn't the transmitter. Which leaves something misconfigured in the settings.
    Can I see a screen shot of the entire SSDR window with MOX pressed, and with some mic audio on the mic level meter?
    #FlexRadio IRC Chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Wait nevermind, your seeing the problem when using the Maestro. there's no way to screenshot that.

#FlexRadio IRC Chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Ray - K6LJ
    Ray - K6LJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Take a pic with your cell phone!
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    When I have this problem, its usually caused by selecting the wrong mic jack ( I used Mic2) or the wrong mic profile. Also, make sure tbe earphones are in the right jack.
  • KD2OM
    KD2OM Member
    edited May 2019
    We found that the mic selected on the 6600M was interfering with the Maestro mic. Sometimes it won't let you select M-MIC1. The automatic overwriting of profiles is for the birds. I hope Flex decides to make overwriting optional.
    Still not convinced that I know exactly what was wrong or what we did to fix it but it is working now.
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭

I am having the same issue. Radiosport 350 plugged into M-Mic 2(and selected on the mic panel). I have audio as shown on the meter but no RF out. Using a footswitch to the PTT jack on the Maestro and that is working ok. Selecting DAX on the mic panel makes no difference.

When I press the footswitch though the TX stream on the DAX panel shows yellow instead of blue. No mic plugged into the 6600. Profiles look fine.

Any ideas?

Tim VE6SH

• Lee, N2LC
    Lee, N2LC Member ✭✭

I've had to fuss with things on occasion to get it to transmit. I don't know what causes it here - whether incompetent application of multi-flex nuances or more likely, stray RF gremlins - but whenever it stops working I check the DAX window and often either the TX or RX stream button is yellow. Tapping it off, then back on gets it reset and working. If that doesn't work, a reboot always does. Improved grounding/bonding/choking has made this sort of thing happen less often, along with any tweaks to SSDR itself as the versions progress.

If the DAX buttons are properly blue and still no TX, then a reboot is in order.

This assumes the gremlin didn't get in and turn off your main DAX button on the right-side menu panel and somehow it got 'saved'. And that you didn't get DAX inadvertently connected to the wrong radio...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.