Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No Transmit Audio!

Dick Bean
Dick Bean Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
No Transmit Audio in my 6700! I just installed the M629 microphone to the front 8 pin connector using the Inrad M-Y adapter, both sent by Flex, and I am not even getting it to go into transmit with the mike button. MOX button does put it into transmit but still no audio in USB or LSB.  Any suggestions? Thanks!  ****, K1HC

Comments

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    HI ****,

Do you have "Mic" selected on the right panel "PHNE" tab?

Your TX slice needs to be in a "phone" mode.
  • Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Double check that the adapter is not upside down. Some adapters (I think Heil) could be put in that way.

Gary W4EEY
  • Dick Bean
    Dick Bean Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hi Mark - Thanks, yes, "Mic" is selected, but you may have lost me on the TX slice.  If I am thinking of the same thing, my slice states LSB (on 40 meters). 
  • Dick Bean
    Dick Bean Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thanks, no, the adapter is lined up with the tab in the correct spot.
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Have you verified the pinout of the mic adapter?
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Does your slice have a RED TX in the slice window?

Have you turned up the Mic gain in the same area where "Mic" is selected?   Try turning it all the way and see if you get anything at all.

Also in Radio Setup from the settings menu goto Phone/CW and in the microphone section try Bias and +20 and see if either of them make a difference.  I am not sure if your mic requires bias.  Probably not.  But can't hurt to try.
  • Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Your Inrad connector may be defective. I bought one direct from them a few months back and had exactly the same problem on my Maestro. I found two problems. The first was that the connector would not fully mesh with the socket on the Maestro which prevented even PTT from working and the second was that the two earth wires were not separated so that when the PTT was engaged I had an earth loop until I used another RJ45 connector and made sure the PTT earth and mic earth were separated.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.