Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No sound from remote PC SSDR 2.0

Options
N3WWL
N3WWL Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I had no trouble downloading SSDR 2.0 on a remote PC and have it running via SmartLink.  Unfortunately, I am unable to hear any sound.  Is there a setting I am neglecting?

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

1. Make sure your remote key is depressed and is showing blue.

2. Right click on the speaker icon of your computer and select playback devices.

3. Select a listed playback device you know is working and set it as the default device.

4. Leave that window and , again, right click on the speaker icon and select "open volume mixer." You should see the SmartSDR as a possible selection. You should see the audio bar moving up and down with the audio. Be sure it is enabled to listen.

• N3WWL
    N3WWL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thank you for the quick response. I neglected to engage the "REMOTE" button on the SSDR screen. I have a laptop that's connected to my home network in a different room than the shack and have to engage the remote button when operating there. I figured that I overlooked something lol. Thanks again Jim.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

Glad it helped. I had a similar issue in that I could not get Verizon to work. It turned out that I had not registered my iPad after loading Version 2. Some one jumped in and made me aware of the possible mistake. It is such a great group helping out each other.

Jim, K6QE

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You will also need to check that your laptop's microphone is set as default in the Recording" tab or you won't be able to select "PC" in the SSDR mic tab.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.