Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

no signals, no output on Flex 6500

mdjdmi
mdjdmi Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Mates:
Everything was working as it should on my F6500 running SSDR 2.3.7 until this afternoon. I started up SSDR and it seemed to start normally. However, I have no signals on receive and no output when I click tune - just maximum SWR reading with no output. It is acting like the antenna is disconnected but I know the antenna is connected to ANT 1. The dropdowns say ANT 1 is the selected antenna, LOOP A. Does anyone have any inkling as to what may be the problem? Is there a fuse in the antenna circuit that may be blown? When I switch the antenna to another radio (IC-7100) that radio functions normally as it should.
Thanks....Arnie W8DU

Answers

• Rick_K7ET
    Rick_K7ET Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Arnie, had the same issue yesterday, and found it to be 1 port of my external antenna switch was bad.  When antenna switch was bypassed, all was back to normal.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    And try connecting antenna to ant2 and check it.
  • mdjdmi
    mdjdmi Member
    edited March 2019
    Did all of that and connected antenna directly to ANT1 and ANT 2 alternatively - no dice. It is acting like there is no antenna attached. It's something in the radio - not the antenna system or coax since the same coax connected my to IC-7100 makes it jump off the table with signals.
    Any other ideas, anyone?
    Tnx de Arnie W8DU
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    All I can suggest at this time is a full power-down & reset (holding the power button on the box for 2 secs) of the 6500, then restart SSDR and see what happens.  That should put everything back to default level.  If it still isn't working, it might be time for a Help Desk ticket, and getting Flex support involved to help with troubleshooting/diagnosis.
    Don

And yes, if I remember correctly there are 'sacrificial' diodes in the antenna line to protect the components in case of excessive RF incoming.  It may be that it has blown. But again, best to have Flex help you determine if that is the case.
  • mdjdmi
    mdjdmi Member
    edited June 2020
    Oh my, do I feel foolish! Turns out that I was selecting the wrong radio on my coax 8 way coax switch. Duh!!!! All is well now! Thanks to all who responded to this lapse in memory. I suppose I am entitled to do that every now and then at my age. I will try not to make it a habit, though.
    Have a great July 4 one and all.
    73 de Arnie W8DU
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Oh my! I think we have done something like that before, at least once. (At least I have). ... a small mistake so simple that it blocks the ability to even consider it while we examine a multitude of much more complex possibilities. They often occur shortly after making a configuration change in the station layout and the brain hasn’t caught up to the new system. Glad you sorted it out. Good luck. Don’t feel foolish. You’ll laugh about it soon enough, just as we have ! Ken - NM9P
  • mdjdmi
    mdjdmi Member
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Ken and Paul for your words of consolation. I just have to chuckle and how we often are the source of our own foibles.
    73 de Arnie W8DU
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    done it here (more than once)....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.